+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wright McGill Eagle Claw

Default Wright McGill Eagle Claw

J Cs' post reminded me. Abouth a month ago while cleaning up, I found a butt section (only) of an Eagle Claw 5/6 wt rod. I recall, that about 10 yrs ago I lost the tip in a "cast and ooopppsss" situation. My small fly was not enough to hold the section in the current and .......... In any case, I liked that rod very much. I called Eagle Claw an explained that although the rod probably cost only about $30 did they possibly have a tip section I could purchase . They ( rod and reel repair dept.) asked me to send in the section I had so that a good match could be made. No match was found so they sent me back A NEW ROD including my butt section postpaid and no charge.
    Gentlemen, THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    I don't know how I can show my appreciation to them in the future but this post will be step one.

Mark
    PS. It occurs to me that Wright McGill, Eagle Claw has been in business for many years. No wonder .

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Wow! I don't know if anyone will ever top that one! Talk about customer service!

I have an 8ft. 6/7 wt. fiberglass EagleClaw I use for warm water. I really like that fly rod. Nice smooth action and line guides. Really good in strong wind and accurate. I can get pretty good distance with it too even though its fiberglass. Super good price also. At a boy, EagleClaw.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Hey there Bob;
    I don't even know the composite material of my "original" rod . All I know is that I felt comfortable with it. Apparently it suited my casting style, or I it's. After THAT service it's hard to be sorry they couldn'f find the tip section.I loved that gold color. The new one is amber.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

All I know is that I felt comfortable with it. Apparently it suited my casting style, or I it's.
    Mark,

Same here .

I don't recall the model number on mine without going out to look at it but its fiberglass and its black in color. Its lightweight but strong and I like the soft foam cushion grip too. All I know is that they made a great product. Nice to hear that they've got super customer service.

I've gotten a lot of big bream and bass on that fly rod . This was a 1/2 lb. Gill. Here is the fly rod.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 28 May 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

I've got a couple of their Packit rods. One is a vintage rod in excellent condition and the other is new (unfished). They are combo spinning/fly fishing models and they haven't changed a whole lot through the years. I kind of keep them around for kicks but I think I just might try fly fishing with the new rod this summer. Who knows, it might do a pretty good job.

I got some hooks from them one time. All of them were short about 5 hooks. I found out as I was tying flies for a few folks and neded the 100 hooks for the flies.

Contacted them and got packages of 25 for each size and style I had.

Also a letter of apology for the boxes being short and that they were checking to find out why.

I thought it was great service.

Rick

Dixie,

Hope that gill was a keeper,he looks rather hi and dry there.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread