+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inflating a float tube

Default Inflating a float tube

Help me out. When I purchased my float tube 6 years ago I purchased a device to inflate it from Cabelas. It was yellow had a tire valve on one end and a male adapter on the other that worked great for filling my belly boat. I lost it. Cabelas has discontinued it. Has anyone seen this some place else. Thank you Robb H.

If your tube has a bladder, rather than a truck inner tube, there are many pumps available for filling inflatables at sporting goods stores, including Cabelas, and stores like WalMart. They come in 12 volt, 120 volt, bellows foot type and hand. These are high volume / low pressure pumps. The valve adapter is what you need to be concerned about.

------------------
    Joe

I don't think I explained my problem clearly.This has a valve like most inflatables. The item I lost fit in the palm of your hand, and was shaped like a +. You attached your pump to the valve inserted the tip into the inflatable's valve and filled. It worked great. It was yellow with a white tip.

Coach, since I have one let me add for the folks ....it is basically an adapter that allows you to use the style of inflater end that is used to blow up tires....that way e.g. you can stop at a gas station....at least you could in the days they inflated tires....and blow up your tube, pontoon , etc.

Coach, this must mean your air source has the tire inflater type but most sources I know of you can change the type of inflater?????

Sorry, I don't know where to get the replacement...got mine from Cabela's too...what about Netcraft or is it Jann's now?

Coach,
    In my best Marilyn Monroe voice."You just put your lips together and blow." lol.
    Sorry to not have an answer for you but good luck on the search.

------------------
    Jon from Idaho

I have seen many different valves but I have made adapters, of the type I think you are talking about, with tubeless tire valve stems (used ones available free at tire shops, new at auto parts stores), a clamp and some tubing. Would that work for you?

------------------
    Joe

I got an E-mail and was directed to WWW. Creekcompany.com It's right there under float tube accessories. Thanks everybody.

+ Reply to Thread