Flyfisherjoe;
The "chain" is just not my cup-o-tea for fishing or anything. It HAS been cleaned up but...........
We haven't been to Santa Barbara in about 10 years so we're ( wife and I) are looking forward to it again. We make an annual ( March) visit to our friends in Carmel and take that opportunity to "radiate" from there. In the last few years we've generally stayed in the Carmel area or North to San Fran, Napa, Mendocino etc. so we're due to do Santa Barbara again soon. You live in a beautiful area and the restaurants ain't too shabby either. Got to meet Dan'l Boone ( Fess Parker) at his winery the last time we were there. Is Joe's still there downtown? Great ice cold salsa. There was also a restaurant just slightly up the hill where I left a mortgage payment.It was part of a very exclusive resort/spa ???
In any case, I'll let you know if we'll be there. It would be nice to meet you.
ALSO: Since I have your attention and you have demonstrated an apparent understanding of computereeze, maybe you can help. I cannot get into the FAOL chatroom. Whenever I try to do so, I get a message " VolanoChat Server. The VoalnoChat applet failed to connect to the VolanChat server: You may be trying to connect through an HTTP proxy server. The VolanoChat applet cannot connect to the VolanoChat server through an HTTP proxy server since it doesn't communicate using HTTP. Try switching the connection to a SOCKS proxy server or try using a network address translating (NAT) router for your firewall, if either of these options are available to you. VolanoChat works fine through firewalls using SOCKS or NAT. Your network administrator may be able to help change your settings to work with VolanoChat"

Who the hell is MY network administrator? I have contacted everyone on earth regarding this problem and the most popular answer seems to be " I don't have a clue".
The puzzling thing is that when I was in Carmel with this laptop, using my my friends internet access via Comcast ( same as my home) I was able to get into the chatroom no problem.
Do you perhaps have a " clue"?

Mark

Mark

------------------
I'd rather be in Wyoming!