Closed Thread

Thread: NPR and PBS

Default NPR and PBS

Congress has turned a deaf ear to the public and taken the next step to unplug PBS and NPR.

Last night, a House committee voted to halve funding for public broadcasting -- cuts that are so drastic that they will decimate public television and radio stations across the country. We stand to lose the educational, news and cultural programs that Americans trust above all others.

In the past week, nearly one million Americans have signed petitions to stop Congress from taking this action against PBS, NPR and other public media. Tens of thousands more have joined mass call-ins urging representatives to restore funding. But our elected officials have ignored the outcry.

what next? It is an assault!
    The variety of shows and information on PBS is fantastic.

Remember this come election day folks. If you don't like what they do,VOTE!!!!!!

------------------
    Best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Something I seldom remember to do.

Leave it to those guys!

Countrygent...You are right sir! I have a VERY long memory for stuff like this.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I'm one of the millions that signed petitions to cut NPR and PBS completly off. I certianly don't trust most of thier programming, and Discovery,History Channel, etc can do the documentarys just as well if not better!

------------------
    A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of small minds
    A FOOLISH CONSISTANCY IS THE HOBGOBLIN OF SMALL MINDS

They should have been dumped long ago! Too long at the trough! It's time they got real jobs. I have less than fond memories of Muffie Shumway reporting from Vail, Colorado. (On the taxpayers dime, no less!)
    And at least that unctious fraud, the Uriah Heep of the airwaves, Garrison Kiellor, will be finally shut up. Just think. No more listening to his inane "Sour Milk Bisquit" song.

Oh, has your family ate 'em, sour milk?
    Has your family ate 'em, sour milk?
    Cuz if your families ate 'em
    Then they did regurgitrate 'em.
    And now they've grown to hate 'em.
    SOUR MILK!

It helps makes midwestern yuppies superior to every one else.

tylier
    Given Dish TV I doubt there is much of B.F.E. that can't get those channels. but even supposing someone can't, why should I pay for thier viewing programs (indoctrination) most of the content I disagree with or don't care about?
    You want to watch Bill Moyer you pay for him, don't use my money to do it, (not you personally)
    A FOOLISH CONSISTANCY IS THE HOBGOBLIN OF SMALL MINDS

Closed Thread