+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a bunch of S*%tt!

Default What a bunch of S*%tt!

Literally. The local water company leaked raw sewage into our drinking water on Friday and didn't tell us till Monday. I've been drinking sewage contaminated water all weekend. Now if we want to drink it we have to boil it first, according to the news and a memo we got about it. The one thing that you think you have some right to: clean water piped into your house.

nighthawk Guest

Sorry about the water, Benjo. How's the leg doing? Hope you are on the mend.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Your attitude determines your altitude!

You really don't think that "clean" water is really "clean" do you? Does your clean water taste good? It shouldn't. H2O has no taste or odor.

------------------
    Best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    Something I seldom remember to do.

I always said that water is for bathing...give me a shot of single malt any day....now that's drinking.

Oh btw Benjo, there's a hellava lot of places in the world where your water today would look pretty clean all in all.

In anycase, the best part of the affair is that you can go to the fridge at ohdark hundred and have your first beer of the day and no-one can really fault you.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

Benjo,

What kind of lame excuse did the water company come up with for their obvious failure to notify it's customers about the drinking water contamination? They may be held responsible from some serious medical issues.

Benjo,
    I work at a municipal wastewater treatment plant and I don't see how this could happen! Both potable water plants or systems and wastewater plants are totally seperate. One possible way this could happen is to have a flow of wastewater through a potable line and it would have to flow through a backflow preventer to contaminate the system. Another way is for the Treatment plant to discharge partially treatment wastewater into the intake of a potable water treatment plant and then have the treatment plant fail to adaquately treat the water. Both of these are possible but in this day and age HOPEFULLY not happening too often. As a professional I hope to never see this in my area. Hopefully this will get cleaned up fast and they never let it happen again. Good luck.

------------------
    Jon from Idaho

The water is supposedly poo free right now. It happened when a contractor hooked a waste line to an unmarked water line.

+ Reply to Thread