+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The real meaning of Memorial Day

Hey oldfrat;
    I just accessed the link JC posted. There was a post there by Doug, I believe. Although only words, they spoke volumes and probably contained the essence of all that could be said in faith, respect and gratitude to Evan.
    Your corection regarding his rank , two stripes? You must be blind. I see a 5 star cluster. Look again, it's there.

nighthawk Guest

Hey Brad,
    Please thank Evan for me for his service to our nation. Tell him I said thanks form an Air Cavalry Trooper. It is the spirit of Evan, Brad and their family that has made America so strong. Ain't no such word as "can't"!

I wanted to let this thread run a little longer before I reponded to the issues of the press and protesting. I have come to realize that most of today's protesting groups don't really care about their cause. Most protest out of pure hate. In doing so they have damaged our nation. Some of these groups go so far as to cause riots and public disorder thus presenting a threat to our constitution.

As for the press, along with freedom of the press comes the resposibility to report the truth and to be unbiased in their reports. Most of the press has fallen way short of their resposibilities for decades. I can think of no greater example of this than the recent newsweek scandal. I seldom watch the news and do not read newspapers. Just my humble opinion. I still salute the flag. I stand and sing the National Anthem.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Your attitude determines your altitude!

Nignthawk.

With all due respect to you and and all of our troops you are being P.C. on the media. This is the problem it needs to stop and the media must do the right thing for America and the Troops. They know the right thing to do I know deep in my soul that people & media within our country know this is the right thing to do: Support the troops always especially when they are in harms way... At any cost $$$ its not about selling papers...

Our troops, yourself included and the Freedom you represent ,fight and die for is to great to treat as all the major media have. I aplogize for the media to all our troops they have done our great country a major dis-service.

Thank you for your Honorable Service to our Country.

May our troops progress always be certain..

Steve Molcsan

JC and LF do what you must with my
    post herewith. I know you appreciate and
    support Our Troops. I respect each of you
    very much!

[This message has been edited by Steve Molcsan (edited 30 May 2005).]
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

nighthawk Guest

Steve,
    With all due respect I think you should read my post again.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Brad,
    Thanks for the update on Evan. I think about him often & I am convinced that God always GIVES more than he takes away. God Bless all of you.

Regarding the press...Where are the pictures of our troops showing compassion to & playing with young children in the Middle East? Let's show ALL sides of the story. Being a Vietnam vet, I have seen AND experienced what one-sided & narrow-minded reporting can do.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

You are a real stand up guy, Steve! I know that as long as we have great folks like you watching out for our men and women of the armed forces that their home front is secure. Mike is right that the press needs to show more pictures like the one I posted of the kid giving the soldier a high five. Most folks don't realize that our military takes great pride in giving humanitarian aid and they should because they are very good at it. Soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines are the most careing people I have ever met. No greater love does a person have than that he would give up his life for a stranger. They are poor yet they would give you their last ration of food, the shirt off of their back or their life. It angers me that the press releases stories that harm our troops and other innocent people. The Constitution gives us the right to freedom of the press so long as we do not use that freedom to do harm to others. A protest against the press is a good idea so long as we do it in a responsible and legal manner. We never want to sink down to their low standards. Rather we should raise them up to ours.

God Bless and keep you all safe.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Nighthawk,

I have sent you an email. I wish I could share it with all veterans and active duty
    people here but it has several attachements.

For now I just will say thank you. A river
    of thanks to our troops!

May your progress always be certain.

Steve Molcsan

Nighthawk,
    I did and the groups you refer to in the fist part of your post should include press. And this is quite unfortunate indeed that it must.

And as I stated I appoligize for this. You and the rest of Our Troops deserve much much more from all of us and because the press has such a loud and far reaching medium they as My felow country men also, should know and act correctlly. For this I am ashamed of them, as I feel all Americans here at home should be. There should be portest about the press acting they way they have. This would, I feel truly would be getting us on a true United home front.
    United we must stand and act! Common sense
    here is all it takes. It is this simply!
    We all must stop and think about it. Please you fine people that read this take it for what it is ment to be, total United Support for All our Men and Women in harms way, there is No Time or Place for politics about this ever! PERIOD!

Support the troops or "Shut Up" Leaks are what sinks ships! (I know this is a bit dis-respectfully and I am sorry!)

Again I thank you for your service and post.

Nighthalk and all our active / reserve and veteran troops this post is not meant for any of you you have my total Respect and Support , as I said "Some just won't go home
    when they should, and it is these people I mean to address. These people should have a voice but not on Our Nations Front Page nigtht after night. This is wrong! actually this is what is wrong.

Can anyone justify the medias actions?
    Freedon of Press - I Don't think so!

Truly with Honor,

Steve Molcsan

[This message has been edited by Steve Molcsan (edited 07 June 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread