+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: relax people

Default relax people

there is so much tension in the last couple of months on this board. if you want to be nasty or difficult, then leave. otherwise, sit back and take a load off and cast a rod. i find it hilarious that we are all argueing about the sport that we all "love". i know that there is no where i would rather be than on a river, casting to a feeding striper or weary trout. unfortunately, i can't do that all the time, so when im cant, i like to come surf FAOL. The problem is that i have witnessed so many little disputes, that it isn't fun any more. how would you like it if there were 20 people bickering and yelling at your favorite fishing hole. now if you would find the fighting more enjoyable than the fishing, then i will just come out and say that you don't belong here. i for one know that i would be quite unhappy. well, i hope every one understands what i am saying, so take that into consideration next time you want to bite someone's head off for making a silly mistake.

them are fightin' words, phatkid!

seriously, good post. from now on i'm only going to speak badly about flats dude, angler dave, and ohio tuber. Oh yea, and capt. crooks.

Good post Phatkid.
    I know I have angrily typed away before re-reading someones post (or even whole thread), then felt like an idiot and edited my reply.
    I just get so "enthusiastic" sometimes.

It happens on other sites devoted to other hobbys and avocations. (Robert Frost said that the best os all possible worlds was to meld your vocation with your avocation.) We all have one thing in common. We love troutfishing and/or flyfishing. We should keep that in mind the next time we have the urge to "flame."..Take a deep breath, think about your comments before you send them into cyberspace. Remember, we all aren't that much different from each other. We really like each others company, or we wouldn't be posting our comments, would we? If we want to argue we can get on a political website.

Yeah, sometimes I bristle when I sense disrespect....you know, like when Micus starts talkin' about me! Thanks Dave!
    Seriously, sometimes I see a good thread get misconstrued & sometimes ugly. I know that I "proofread" my posts & will make more of an effort to do that in the future. Btw, if I do get out of line, I hope some of you would set me straight!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

mike, we'd have to wait until you are sober and we can't wait that long!

Dave,
    Yeah! This Vernors' ginger ale is some nasty stuff!...btw, I'm gonna try a few casts with my bamboo tomorrow!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mmmmmm good. Vernors' ginger ale. Since I grew up in Ohio, it was what was served a lot of the times.
    Rich

Flash news folks! Stewart's Root Beer now makes a Ginger Beer. (Not ale!) Here's a recipe for the ol' Moscow Mule. 1. Fill COPPER mug full of crushed Ice. 2. Take Vodka out of freezer and fill said mug 1/2 full. 3. Squeeze in juice of 1/2 lime. 4. Fill rest of mug up with cold Stewarts Ginger Beer. Sip carefully or teeth fillings will fall out from cold! Best drink on earth after a hot July day in a canoe!

I for one try and give people the respect they deserve. That is why I can disrespect Mr. Micus at will.

jed

+ Reply to Thread