+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ORVIS-poor customer service

Default ORVIS-poor customer service

ORVIS lost my business forever and anyone else which believes my experience.Failure to stand behind their product and "100% satisfaction guarantee" means nothing.My lightweight waders starting leaking(seeping thru membrane) and after about 20 applications of Aquaseal they still leak.Sent them digital photos showing no abrasion and they look new from the outside and like a spotted cat on the inside.They even have a factory installed patch inside.Supervisor offed 20% off a new pair!I wonder if LLBean would like to show-off my photos as where "not to buy"!

I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune with your Orvis Waders. I bought a pair of them 3 years ago and they leaked in the seams and Orvis was very prompt in replacing them. Did you call Orvis direct or did you go through a dealer or retailer?

[This message has been edited by dleo6446 (edited 23 May 2005).]

I find that hard to believe, being an Orvis worker. They stand behind just about everything! We will repair or replace most anything!

Don

Don-I would be more than happy to email you directly with their response.

that is unusual. I know someone who traded in his Orvis waders at the end of every season because they leaked, and they gave him new ones each year. Once I had a problem with a reel and they not only repaired it for free they sent me a free reel to use while they repaired it. Another time I broke a rod in the middle of striper season and rather then make me wait 6 weeks for a repair they sent me a better rod as a replacement. I've had other companies, which will remain nameless, not even respond.

Are you saying that you sent them to Orvis and they placed a "factory installed patch inside" the waders (I would think it should have been outside) and it still leaked? You then put 20 applications of Aquaseal and they will no longer fix the waders under warranty?

How old are these waders?

------------------
    Joe

Sounds strange to me, just had my rod repaired by them twice, my fault stepping on them. Just got it in today, fixed and perfect. The customer service was friendly, and prompt. Wasn't charged for either repair. It would be interesting to see the email response from them.

------------------
    A bum-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
    That's WHAT I got.
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

They actually sent me a replacement set of waders, before I could return the problem waders to them.

------------------
    Swing hard, in case they throw the ball where you're swinging. Duke Snider
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

For those that wanted to see the email from Orvis, I quote "Dear Mr. Rush,

Thank you for your email and your valuable comments. I am sorry to hear that the waders are no longer properly functioning, however due to the age of these waders, they are out of warranty. I do not think that a manufacturer's defect was the problem with these waders, as manufacturer's defects generally show up within the first few months of ownership, rather than after five or six years of use. I do understand your frustration with the situation, so I would like to offer you 20% off of a new pair of waders as well as free shipping. Should you decide to accept this offer, please email me after you place your order and I would be happy to apply these discounts. If you have any further questions or concerns, please email me.

Sincerely,
    Jason Taylor
    E-Commerce Supervisor
    The Orvis Company "

And even mispelled my last name!

Did you really have them that long...."rather than after five or six years of use."?

+ Reply to Thread