+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A big Thank you to all

Default A big Thank you to all

I promise to keep this short if I can. Tonight after work I decided I needed to get away and so I went to the river. Weather was overcast, dark and light rain falling. Had the river all to myself. Fished from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. While fishing my mind kept going over the many things and people I am thankful for. I thought of Al Campbell a lot and how upset I am with myself for never having a chance to meet him. I could see his smiling face though. I am thankful for JC and LF for having this web site and keeping it straight. I am thankful for Kathy Scott's DVD on Simple Furled Leader making and for her trusting me and sending another DVD to a friend of mine at my request.(now if only I could stop making furled leaders!G) I am thankful to TFO for making the Series I rod in the 8'6" 4 weight. What fun it is to use! I am thankful to whoever posted about purchasing Dave Hughes' book on Wet Flies and Soft-Hackles. Great book and some great flies that really work good. I am thankful to the gentleman who moved to Tennesse from New York and started to work at the local college where I work because he wanted to pay me for showing him the rivers and lakes and I found out he taught fly tying at a college in New York and told him to just teach me to tie flies. I am thankful for the college allowing me to teach fly tying twice a year. It is so rewarding and fun. There is more, but, I promised to keep it short. A big thank you to all the members of FAOL. You all are a great bunch and I am proud and happy to be a member and hope I can contribute. Who would have thought with all that "thinking" I would still catch 21 rainbow in that 3 hour trip. I only wish I could meet you all and fish with you.

Thank you all

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Excellant post WP. Being fairly new to flyfishing, I didn't meet Al either. I'm sure that I missed something big.

Too many ty's to list here. But I would like to thank JC, LF and fellow members at FAOL for everything that I know about flyfishing.

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

A big thank you to all my FAOL family....the benefits of belonging here are far to great to mention. I even appreciate them thar Tennessee folk!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread