Dave, It says in the description of the Van Staals, that they are "indispensible"; so I guess I really do need them. Will they clash with the Abel Lube, and more importantly, do you think a custom shop can paint them or anodize them into some really cool color? I kind of like the of the Realtree camo pattern Maglight and wallets that Cabela's and Bass Pro sell...so when you lay them down in the field you can begin what amounts to an Easter Egg hunt trying to find them (which may explain Abels "loud splash" pattern- if not the $150.00 price). Hey Jed, I tried sending you an email prior to last weeks TU Mass/RI Council meeting and outing at Indian Hollow Campground, but never heard from you. My son and I attended and had a blast but in all honestly it was more a social gathering and camping trip than a hardcore fishing trip for us. I had never fished that section of the river, and by the time we hit the water it was pretty well pounded. My son had a tough time with allergies so we didn't push too hard. The river was pretty low, very light hatch activity-Hendricksons I think. I didn't see any rises except for a couple down at the rainbow pool, where I did see a few nice fish taken on a soft hackle fished in the film. There was a ton of dace in the campground section of the river, so I tried quite a few streamers with only one small fish hooked that leaped once and threw the hook. I still struggle with my indicator nymphing technique, but I put some time in trying that too. They had recently stocked, but I don't think the fish had spread out and acclimated yet as anglers reported seeing them 'stacked up' in small areas. I had picked up the beaver wading stick on the main branch 3 weeks ago, near B G sports, the week after they let the water go for the canoe race. The remains of the beaver dam was 10' up the bank and there was debris in the trees higher than that, so I guess I'm ok there. That trip was a little better, Matt and I still each fell in once each (40 deg. BRRR..) and I fell on bedrock in the gorge and smashed up hands, knee, elbow; but at least I managed 5 'Bows to 17" before I got banged up. This "quiet, gentlemanly sport" is kicking the crap out of me.... The river should be fishing well for you with the new shot of fish- and rain might actually help. What a great group to camp with though...lots of laughs, great people. Mr. J. Jones and the local EPO, I think his name was Don, were really friendly and had some priceless stories. Wish you could have been there...Jim. P.S. Maybe someday we can share the same water, I'd like that.