+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Folks...

Default Folks...

I was fishin a stream today, and I met one of them folks you wanna meet. Nice feller, he was catching fish, (I wasn't) I told him to fish on down cause I was'nt catchin any and he might as well fish threw. He stopped, looked up at me, and ask me what I was using. Turns out this person fishes this stream almost everyday, I my self have only fished it twice. He pulls out his pipe coming to land where I had ended up, (packing it along the way). Got any dry flies he asked?, I said yes Sir, he said, drown it. (OK I thought), what color I asked, he said, it don't matter, they want wet flies. Put a split shot or 2 on there to take it down, he said just as he was getting up to me. Hey that's a cane isn't it he ask me. Ahh yes Sir, I just got it and would really like to feel a fish on it. (While I was talking to him, I was trying to tye on a wet fly, he kept looking at my rod, I finnaly got it tyed on.) Want to try it Sir,( I asked him), I could tell by the look in his eye's he wanted too. Yeah he said to me, where did ya get it? I said from a feller named Bill T, W.R.Taylor in Pa, he asked, in PA? I'm from Pa.!
    Where boughts in Pa? I told him Boiling springs Pa. He said yeah, I'v fished that area alot, I'm from near there. He stepped out into the water with my baby...'S" And started casting it, he said with a grin, yeah, that's nice, real nice. I don't remember the town he said he lived in growing up near Boiling Springs, I think it was george town or something like that.I tried the splitshot thing, and bill, if you read this, forgive me, I feel ashamed... But this guy made all his rods, flies, and even his leader straighter. Folks this story is true, I made up nothing, any of it... "S" I need to learn how to get a wet down without a splitshot!!! lol

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...

[This message has been edited by Grubb (edited 20 April 2005).]
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Grubb,

Sounds like you found "a dream come true".

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

Grubb,

Great story. I bet you meet up with him again. I got the chance to meet and talk to Bill last weekend while fishing the Yellow Breeches in Boiling Springs. He had come to have Les take a look and cast some of his rods. I also cast a 4wt & 5wt he had and I think I am getting the fever.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    Laugh at yourself first and all else falls into place
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:39f60]FlyReelDots.com[/url:39f60]
    FAOL Sponsor
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

X-GINK that will sink it. Later Matt

------------------
    To each there own !

You may want to try tying weighted wets and
    nymphs.
    On 16 up to 10s a little lead weight goes a
    long way.
    On stonefly patterns you can use the flat lead
    strips tied along the shank to shape a flattened out body as well as add weight.
    On a size 10 or 8 stone pattern lay a flat strip on top the shank and wrap round lead wire
    over it to get a real sinker!
    When they get too heavy you'll know, it wont
    turn over on the cast.

DotMan, your FAOL Dot is on my Hardy Martha Marie. I had to finish it up... With FAOL, your FAOL dots, look good on it...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...

[This message has been edited by Grubb (edited 21 April 2005).]
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread