+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Hats?

Ohiotuber- While you are in Pottsville area if you have time and desire to try some of our local streams shoot me a message and maybe myself and wet fly guy can show you around a bit.

2 things......
    1) JC-Please don't take my post wrong. I was really surprised, as I wanted to order a RIO cap, which was on their site with no ordering instruction. It was when I asked how to order that they emailed telling me the hat was "on it's way". I certainly didn't ask for, or expect that, but it was a very nice gesture on their part.
    2) Dry Fly Guy-You can BET I'll be in touch when I get there...just no idea now when it will be.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Good one J.C!! I just about split a gut!!!! I like my Tilley and your typical Bozo hat (baseball cap) that is given away in promotions go straight in the garbage at my house. My fly store is always very good to me(Robinsons Sporting Goods-in Victoria) and I would never sell myself that cheap...I want a Ron Kusse Quad!!!!
    B.C.Nick.

I wore out a hat I bought at a local fly shop. The brim is frayed, has holes where the brim meets the cap, looks like #$^t when I wear it. Asked the owner if he has getting anymore, he wasn't sure, hopefully he will. Anyway, should it be free, naw, he needs to make a living.
    Pete

Hats are important! In addition to protecting you from sunstroke and waterblindness the shadow caused by the bill (or brim) can effectively hide your face when you have a photograph taken of yourself holding your most recent lunker! Additionally, Baseball caps can be worn in 3 positions: ON (Bill of cap pointing forward). OFF (Bill of cap jutting out over right ear.) And LOCK (Bill of cap in between above 2 positions. Lefthanders wear them just the opposite.

Charles Kuralt of the "On the Road with Charles Kuralt" series, he did for CBS News, had this to say about us Minnesotan's.

"A Minnesotan, when they go on vacation, put on a new pair of overalls, and put $10 in the back pocket! They don't change either one, the whole time they are gone!"

Even someone as frugel as myself, is not expecting "Free Hats" with every purchase!

~ Parnelli

"Down in the bottom of the Itty Bitty Pool.
    Swam Three Little Fishies, and a Mommy Fishy too.
    "Swim", said the Mommy Fishy, Swim if you can.
    And they, swam swam, all over the Dam!"

One "Free Hat" per year, so I don't have to do an oil change on the hat band, is enough for me! Whats this about new overalls, the ones I bought 5 years ago, are still just fine and dandy Thank You!

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 08 April 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread