As I was fishing at my favorite local lake last week I had the company of a group of high school kids on a fishing field trip. Some of these youngsters were spin fishing and some were fly fishing. Being the kind of person I am I just couldn't resist talking to their teacher about how the kids were doing. Turns out that the teacher herself just started fly fishing last fall and she took an interest in the contents of my fly box. I am by no means a master tyer. To me, my tying leaves a lot to be desired but my flies do catch fish most of the time. Well, the teacher asked me if I would be willing to volunteer to teach a class to her twenty fly fishers on what I know about fly fishing and tying. How could I say no? I said yes! I told her to have her kids visit this web site and use it's wonderful data base on our sport. I told her that it's a kid safe site and that all of you folks on the board would gladly help answer any questions from her and her students. I also told her about the great sponsors of this board.
I want to be able to do this right for these youngsters so I am asking you all for your advice on teaching these kids. For instance: What kind of patterns do you think are easy for the begginer to learn to ty? Please feel free to post any advice that I can pass on about our sport and the best way to teach these young fly fishers. I'm going to need all of the help I can get with this and I am very thankful to have you folks to give me your advice.

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"