+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humane Society

Default Humane Society

Peta, Greenpeace...
    Now the Humane Society.

I don't have many t.v. channels, Three that's it. The joys of living in the North, just far enough from town that we can't get cable.

Anyway, said that to say this. A few weeks ago my wife mentions to me that there is a fly fishing program on t.v. We don't get fly fishing programs, so right away I was interested.

I started watching, a guy standing in a river waving a rod with line on it, doing an aweful job, this guy couldn't cast at all. I watched anyway, wanted to see if he would catch anything.

As he was swinging his line a container floated down stream toward him and he scooped it up. He looked around and didn't see anyone who might have dropped it. A little while later he comes out of the water to take a break, opens the container and takes out a sandwich from inside, starts to eat it.

After a bite or so, a strange look comes over his face and he is suddenly jerked form his position and dragged into the water by his mouth and pulled under. After being under for just a few seconds he comes flying back up to the surface and makes his way back to the river bank. With a disgusted look on his face and stamping off to give up fly fishing for good.

What? That is messed up. Then a message came on the creen attributing the short clip to the humane society.

I thought these guys were mainly about finding homes for and protecting stray pets.
    After this I think it is safe to paint them with the same brush as Peta or Greenpeace.
    Or as I like to put it (people who value the life of animals over the lives of people.) -Yaf

[This message has been edited by Yaffle (edited 22 March 2005).]
    A warm summers rain falls down on a quiet fishing stream
    Lined with cabins, smoke straight to the sky
    Two ol fishin buddies with never a care
    Teasing a trout with a fly.
    (Simani, "This Isle of Mine")

Sounds weird to me... I guess its more of that fish cruelty stuff. The video does sound a little funny though, I'd like to see it.

Sounds ike it was funny. I like good theater (though the message leaves something to be desired).

jed

>I thought these guys were mainly about finding homes for and protecting sray pets<

If you go to their website, it's very clear that one of their stated objectives is to end recreational hunting. Apparently fishing can't be far behind.

If you can get a list of members to these clubs, you will see that the members, THE BIGGEST DONATERS, are members of them all AND are on the board of directorsof them and several others!! The fishing folks and the hunting people need to band together to stop the assults on our sports

I'll get off my soapbox, sorry JC.

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

Are the SPCA and the Humane Society separate entities?

I'm pretty sure my local pet adoption agencies are through the SPCA and not the Humane Society.

My wife was going to give them money this year. I told her if she did she and her cloths would be out on the porch. It seems fly fishermen do not understand that if people that both hunt and fish do not band together it is going to be real hard to beat these people. So what if you don't hunt. That hunter is sure going to try and save your fishing along with his hunting. Had this same type of thread on another Board and many of them just didn't want to get involved with anything to do with hunting. I thought it was funny. Kinda like if they aren't after my fishing then I don't want to get in to it. Bad mistake in my book. They are coming after fishing just like they are hunting. I say stick together or we will all lose in the end. Just my opinion. Ron

Could be worse - you could live in Pennsylvania and your DCNR, game commission, and fish commission (basically cow-tow to the DCNR - Rendell's gestapo) in an attempt to justify killing all the deer, are recruiting many of these same agencies in the name of diversity of environmentalist to support their position. After all - lumber brings in more money than license fees.

Will be interesting to see what happens, not interesting to see the decline of outdoor sports (hunting and fishing) in northcentral Pennsylvania. Watch, as the DCNR gobbles up these other commissions in the future.

Greenpeace destroyed livlihoods on our east coast with the ban of the seal hunt. Today seal can be seen where people have never seen them before, they are so plentiful and were in great numbers when the hunt was banned.

There are differant animal rights groups lobbying Ottawa to name the Cod fish an endangered species, while foreign trollers come accross the pond and scoop up all they want. The cod fish can be caught in places around the island of NFLD where they were scarse during "good" years of the fishery. Today we cannot (it is illegal) catch these fish in many parts of the island. There are strick qoutas everywhere else.

The one comment I heard from all the old timers when visiting last year is "the water is alive with it" over and over, thay know and it is a shame.

I don't support any of these groups, there are always hidden or wrongful aggenda's.
    Some are just there to make a livlihood of it, "support us we're doing a great thing", (and yeah this is how I make my pitiful way in life.) A great way for some of them to acheive their 15 mins of fame. -Yaf
    A warm summers rain falls down on a quiet fishing stream
    Lined with cabins, smoke straight to the sky
    Two ol fishin buddies with never a care
    Teasing a trout with a fly.
    (Simani, "This Isle of Mine")

It's not just the hunting and fishing that need to band together it's all outdoor recreations as I am a member of the GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America )and gold prospectors / miners are another group that is getting hit hard buy these groups. Being banned from there claims and having all kinds or things happening to them and having there stuff stolen from them on the rivers and such.So folks need to help each others out and fight these types of groups that are costing all of us are rights and costing millions of tax payers money's in stupid law suits!

------------------
    To each there own !

+ Reply to Thread