Greenpeace destroyed livlihoods on our east coast with the ban of the seal hunt. Today seal can be seen where people have never seen them before, they are so plentiful and were in great numbers when the hunt was banned.

There are differant animal rights groups lobbying Ottawa to name the Cod fish an endangered species, while foreign trollers come accross the pond and scoop up all they want. The cod fish can be caught in places around the island of NFLD where they were scarse during "good" years of the fishery. Today we cannot (it is illegal) catch these fish in many parts of the island. There are strick qoutas everywhere else.

The one comment I heard from all the old timers when visiting last year is "the water is alive with it" over and over, thay know and it is a shame.

I don't support any of these groups, there are always hidden or wrongful aggenda's.
Some are just there to make a livlihood of it, "support us we're doing a great thing", (and yeah this is how I make my pitiful way in life.) A great way for some of them to acheive their 15 mins of fame. -Yaf