+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just me or am I expecting too much?

Default Is it just me or am I expecting too much?

Has anyone else noticed that with the price of gas going up the self serve service stations are "falling apart?" I went to a station today and it was miserable. The water in the reservoir for cleaning the windshields was rancid and stunk. The squeegie (sp?) had paper wrapped up in it and the restroom was filthy. I know the stores aren't responsible for the price of the gas, but they sure are responsible for the appearance of the store.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

Do you think maybe it is the type of people who run the places?

nighthawk Guest

Mike,
    No you are not expecting too much! Before my current job I was a truck stop general manager for quite some time. The merchandise is only part of what you are paying for. I am certain that the store you went to has maintenance expenses as part of their budget. It is your right to expect a well maintained and friendly shopping environment. I always viewed customer complaints as a tool I could use to improve service and profits. You should bring the problems you encountered to the manager's attention. If that doesn't fix the problems then contact their corporate headquaters. Most companies have a toll free number for customers to call and a web site. Believe me the company may not be aware that they have a problem at that location. By turning in a complaint you will be doing a good service for the company and the other patrons.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

[This message has been edited by nighthawk (edited 28 March 2005).]

Blog Entries

I finally figured out why they always lock the doors on gas station restrooms .
    Its to prevent someone from accidently wandering in and cleaning them .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread