+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jinxes

Default Jinxes

I normally am not a superstitious person but I swear I jinx myself every time I catch a fish on my first cast anytime I fish.
    today first cast,fly hits the water{conehead muddler} 2 or 3 strips boom fish on then 2 hours of nothing.Happens on a regular basis. Is this just me or does this happen to others as well?

------------------
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

gonfishn,
    I have had that happen & honestly believe that I get a little over confident & think I can then catch fish anyway I want. In other words, I think (at least in my case), that I get a little lazy, lose focus, & fish a little haphazardly. The other side is that when you have to work harder for that first fish, it seems the catching improves dramatically because you've worked & found the key for that day & water.
    Just my 2 cents!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

Depends , How do you fish ? When I was younger I'd walk up to a pool wade out a bit and cast Maybe catch a fish , which would cause me to wade farther out to scoop it up in the net all the while yelling to my buddies . Then it would be a long time till the next fish. Now I creep up on the pool. When I get a fish on I stay low during the fight . Tring not to highlight myself against the sky . I keep to the bushes on the shoreline if I can . Quietly as I can release it . I can lie about how big it was to my buddies back at camp . No sense having them splash over to see me land one . Sometimes I can then catch 2 or 3 more like this before everything in the pool is on the alert and time to either rest the pool or move on .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I really really hate catching a fish right off ! It seems to me also that it jinxis my day--I have no worthwhile reason for this to be so-but it is.
    B.C.Nick

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Naw! It's not a jinx. It's a little known fact that all trout now have a Union and work in shifts. If you catch one right off the bat, then you have to wait for the shift-change. Any fish violating the agreement will have a grievance filed against them by the Senior Stream Steward and be considered Persona-Non-Trouta.

[This message has been edited by Gigmaster (edited 28 March 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Gigmaster (edited 28 March 2005).]

Don't know if these are mental or actual jinxes: Carrying a net and a camera.

Allan

Maybe you caught the last fish in the bucket.

Maybe you caught the last fish in the bucket.

+ Reply to Thread