+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Prices

Default Gas Prices

Like many of you I am concerned about rising gas prices, so I decided to take a look at what the cost might be if I made some assumptions. If i were to drive 10,000 miles for fishing (which I don't) and my truck gets 20 miles per gallon then I would use 500 gallons. At $1.50 a gallon it would cost me $750 and at $2.50 it would cost me $1250 or $500 more. Based on this I can decide what to give up or how much travelling to give up. I don't drink that much beer and my rod isn't worth that much so I guess it means fishing closer to home. Do any of you have some better ideas?

Carpooling occasionally may help to broaden your horizons to some degree.
    ....lee s.

I'm down sizing to a popup vs. a motorhome. Should pick up about 5 mpg.
    Stay longer, stay closer, etc. But, as posted earlier by flyfishingjoe, I remember the odd even plate numbers to get gas back in the 70's!!
    The accident in Texas affects 3% of our gasoline output! Anyone want to bet the price of gas only goes up 3%?!
    As with Pavlovs dogs we are being trained to accept gas prices. They go up we complain, they go down we stop, of course they never go down to what they were. We are being taught to accept $2.00 + gas prices as acceptable!!
    Oh well, this is still the best place to live!!

------------------
    Cactus

I have a friend who lives in Holland. She is paying $8.40 per gallon. We have it ez.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

That's why most people in Holland ride bicycles as much as possible, as do I. They are healthier for it. I use my bicycles to hunt and fish with. I have a trailer to haul things in and a gun/bow/rod rack on the handlebars of one of the bikes. Within 20 miles (100 yards for trout fishing) I can hunt or fish for anything available in this state, except marine species. I ride to work every day (9 miles one-way). I use our vehicles only when absolutely necesary. I realize I'm lucky to be able to live in a place where I can be sort of self-sufficient, and not everyone has this option, but I do think that enough people could ride at least 2 days a week instead of driving, and that would be enough to effect our National Consumption. If the demand goes down...the price will come down.

+ Reply to Thread