+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer cookin fire side or camp

Default Summer cookin fire side or camp

Ok just to get everyone drooling. Here is my favorite summer cook out.
    Start of with several pounds of those thick meaty county cut ribs. Place in a big bowl or container that will seal tight. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, galtic powder. then cover with BEER. make sure the beer will cover the top most rib. Seal tight and place in the bottom of the cooler or frig over night.
    The next day take corn on the cob leave the shucks on just clean off the hairs, wrap in a couple of paper towels, the alumin foil. drop into a bucket of water. When you coals are nice and hot place the corn in foil on top of the coals. Open up the sealed contain of ribs. Now the beer should be all gone. The alcohol opens up the pores in the meat and it soaks up the fluid like a big sponge. cook the meat on the grill over the corn and coals make sure to turn the corn. Add some thick sliced onion and whole peppers to the top of the grill. Take a clean coffee can about half full of water place on one corner of the grill to get hot, a pound or so of butter in with the water, place a can out for the wrappings and some sauce and serve, The ribs should be some of the juiceiest and most tender you have ever eatin, and the corn just peel off the foil and paper pull back the shucks and dip the corn into the butter water and it will come out coated with butter. Cooler full of your favorite beer on ice on the side and the you have a meal fit for the most hungery grew you can find.

------------------
    Every day that I wake up and everything still works. Is a good day.

ermin, nice ideas! Wish you had submitted them to What's Cooking....We DO have a cooking section here on FAOL! [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/whatscooking/:00026]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/whatscooking/[/url:00026]

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

OOPS! SORRY,Please feel free to move this post to that area. I am sorry

------------------

Glad it's here, at least for now....I would have missed it over there and it does sound sooooo goood.
    ......lee s.

Sounds like good eats to me, mmmmmmmm!

Blog Entries

I believe that We obviously have Gormet Chef in our midst . ermine you are welcome to bring your recipe and obvious skill to any fishing expidition I am on . I read your recipe and already have the ribs in the beer cooling their heels in the fridge for tomorrows din din . Swmbo didn't want to surrender a couple of beer either twas a hard fight till I read the recipe aloud . Your posting made me so hungry I had to order in pizza .

------------------
    Time is the fire that we burn in .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Ermin:
    You are invited to join us at the Michigan Trout opener at Bear Track Campgrounds on the Little Manistee, April 30th and cook for us. I've got the ribs!!
    We also do a trip in Aug. We will also supply the Beer and a place to stay.

------------------
    Cactus

I cook my ribs and steaks this way but instead of beer i use Jack Daniels.The soak time is only about three hours.You may want to cook a little extra for visitors.Seems like every time i am out camping and cooking this way someone smells it and has to come by to see what's cooking.When i tell them what i used for a marinade they have to try it.And try it again and again and again!!!!!

Rocky

Well thank you all for the invite. My Daddy always told that a man that can cook is welcome at any campfire. I would be more than happy to help with the cookin at any fish in I can get to.

------------------

+ Reply to Thread