+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPS SNAFU

Default USPS SNAFU

Hi, everyone! I recently sent out packages of wool to some of the folks here at FAOL. Some of you got them and some of you did not. My postmaster is trying to find out what happened, but I don't hold out much hope that they will find anything. I will be heading to town later this week and will mail new packages to those who have let me know. If you expected a package from me and didn't get it, e-mail me and I will try again.

Sorry for the posting instead of personal e-mails. All of a sudden we're up to our elbows in snow and ice and up to our armpits in sheep. Five lambs this morning and more coming!

I hope all is well with everyone. I'm having fun.

Tup

Tup;

I may have a clue as to what happened to the 'lost' packages. No, unfortunately I did not receive them all, but a couple of days after I DID get mine, the address label came off. Not sure why. I blamed the 2-year-old, as he was playing with it, but it had not been torn off, just dropped off. Bad glue or something.

I hope you can get it worked out!

I really gotta get some time to use soe of it and get something off to you! You truly went above and beyond in getting us the wool!

Don
    Don Rolfson

File a Tracer Form with the Post Office. Package labels get damage and become unreadable, and end up at the Mail Recovery Centers. There are two Mail Recovery Centers that handle all lost mail (undeliverable - unreturnable) for all of the USPS Delievery Area (including APO's, FPO's and USA Territories and Trusts). That is where all lost mail goes. You have 90 days from mailing for them to look for the missing articles, otherwise the USPS sells them in bulk auctions.

Parnelli

I wrongly used to think that the USPS was the safest and easiest way to send things, but I have been proven wrong recently. I have had more problems with them than I care to talk about. I recently received a letter, actually half an envelope from them. Another FAOL member had sent me an envelope and it never made it. The USPS packaged what was left in a larger envelope and attached some sort of half-hearted apology.

Just before that I sent a bundle of envelopes (Bills and such) and not a single one of them made it to their destination. I have made multiple inquires and filled out a few forms and all to no avail. It feels like the USPS has followed the rest of the government and went to crap.

Ben

That is because I retired as the "Finder of Lost Things" at the Mail Recovery Center.

Your on your own now, I am not there to save your shipments from the auction block.

~Parnelli

Have a break in the action down in the barn, beautiful clear sky and lots of cold sunshine, so new packages will be going out when I cross the ice this morning.

Don, two-year olds are handy for excuses, but save the blame for sometime you really need someone else to take the heat! I'll take the blame for thinking that self-adhesive stickers would stay on even if they are called "mailing labels".

Parnelli, thanks for the tip on tracing. Our Postmaster said she'd do what she could, but it's not a big deal. I would like to see someone's face when they try to figure out why they bought a baggie full of wool at auction. Stranger things have probably shown up, eh?

Thanks again tup for you effort and the wool.

So do you tell the lambs when they first com out that they are going to the market for dinner or do you wait awhile so they don't try and crawl back into mommy? Good luck

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

Second attempt at getting packages where they are supposed to be was successful...at least my part of it. No sticky labels this time, though. I scrawled right on the package.

Much craziness going on and I'm glad to have a few minutes to sit down and check in on FAOL. Thanks to everyone for making it a great place to take a break.

Nick, I believe in full disclosure and each lamb is informed of its destiny. Of course, they have no idea what I'm talking about so it's kind of a moot point. The mamas, however get a stern talking to regarding proper behavior and how much time and effort I'm putting forth for their benefit.

So far there has only been one disaster and most of the girls are doing what they should. It's going to be a long couple of weeks, though.

I hope everyone is safe and happy. I need a nap!

Tup,
    There was no advisory posted to suggest opening the packages in a well ventilated area! A friend brought some wool from their sheep (one bag named Twinkle the other named Stardust), and unless you washed it real good...the suggestion to open it in a well aired area would be good to remember!!
    Betty

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Hi, Betty!

In an effort make new friends I washed the wool well before sending it off so ventilation shouldn't be an issue. I even had a couple of people who said not to worry about it because it couldn't possibly be worse than roadkill and other fun things they bring home. I will admit that the house smelled a little funky while I had the fleece soaking, though!

Personally, I like the smell of sheep. That is a good thing right now during lambing, although everyone at the post office and market gave me wide berth as I stood in line in my barn clothes.

+ Reply to Thread