+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it me?

Default is it me?

I have been having a lot of trouble lately getting on to FAOL through AOL. no problem if I get on through MSN as I am now. Is it me, or has something changed on FAOL?

Any one else having a problem?

Bill

pure,

I have no problem getting onto FAOL. However, when I click on 'chat room' it usually takes about a minute for the enter box to appear.

Allan

AOL uses 'proxy' servers so they don't have to connect directly to websites off their premises. Nothing, nothing has changed here at FAOL. Call AOL and complain,
    squeeky wheels get the oil.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Hey Purebs.

I have been having all kinds of problems too trying to log onto FAOL via AOL.
    For me, it suddenly started on Saturday, March 12th.
    I keep getting a notice that "Web site not responding."If Ladyfisher say's that FAOL is ok, then I sure as heck believe her more than I do AOL. AOL has a history of blaming
    everyone else for a problem -- never themselves!

Time to practice up on Pakistani-speak, and call the jerks...

I finally lucked out and got on here today, as I have been trying since 6:00 AM (MST.) What a relief!

It's AOL, they have proactively tried to protect their customers from SPAM, Virii and the ills of the internet. Problem is the more you scan the slower things get. One thing to try is to minimize AOL after you connect and use the Internet Explorer, not the AOL interface.

nighthawk Guest

Drop AOL like a hot rock. They stink.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

my problems are recent too, I can get on through explorer fine, but it's an extra step. I have been complaining to AOL, and none of them have been able to help so far. I 'll keep trying till I get someone with a brain and not just a script.
    Bill

8. Default

I have been on AOL for five years now, with no problems.... perhaps i'm the minority??

Andy

------------------
    As featured in Trout Fisherman, UK, Jan 2005! I'd still rather be fishin'!!

+ Reply to Thread