+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enough already!

Default Enough already!

It's snowing more right now. Spring just seems too far away.

The mother-in-law had booked a flight to visit us from Alberta. I have to miss a steelhead outing (my first) because of that. Then the airline, Jetsgo, closes down and I figure she's not coming. Started making fishing plans again but I just found out she booked a flight on Westjet.

To top it off, I've been getting emails from friends back west about the excellent fishing!

Will winter ever end this year?!?
    (You southern folk must be killin' yourselves laughin', while you get ready to fish this weekend )

------------------
    Paul H.

.???`?...?><((((?>#------

"A dry fly on the rise is the beauty mark of a lovely river."

Wish we would have had some of that snow this year. They are saying there will be a water shortage here in Seattle this year with the lack of snow pack and rain. There is even talk of closing the rivers to all fishing this year due to the low water levels that will make the rivers low and warm.
    Also I did not get much chace to ride my snowmobile this winter with little snow and most of the winter very warm.

we never had our winter here in Oregon. Not enough snow, a drizzle of rain. Daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, calendula a nd lots more are blooming. Roses are growing. The flowering trees are blooming. The valley is a giant florist shop. It is gorgeous, but not right. Everything is early, too early. Mother Nature has spoken it seems.

I hope you guys out west get a late frost that toasts all those soft flower buds. Here in RI right now it is snowing, no accumulation yeah right, and there is still 5" of ice in some areas and at my camp in ME there is still 36" of ice. At least I won't fall through during my spring break next week.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick

[This message has been edited by Micropteris (edited 11 March 2005).]
    Your hooks sharp????

Snowed like crazy here...snowed hardest on my very long walk back to the dorm.

I really hope it warms up some for spring break after next week...we don't have all that much snow (not as much as usual)...probably only had about 2 feet in the woods in some places maximum at one time. The water table is way up though, so we have enough water...they are even calling for spring flooding even though we don't have the snow pack. I've got cabin fever real bad and have to hit a river. Have a week of exams and papers to get though first though.

------------------
    "If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

I know what you mean. The snow was really blowing.............wait did I say snow? I meant the sand at the beach. All those dang spring breakers in Florida just messing up the fishing.

I would tell you more but the ice in my cocktail is starting to melt...........

[This message has been edited by Fishcreek (edited 11 March 2005).]

Blog Entries

Did I mention it was 86 here today, and the brown trout were rising to dries? No steelhead, though I hooked two this morning.

Dennis

Dang I hate typos.

[This message has been edited by DG (edited 11 March 2005).]

D G;
    I had to multiply todays high by 3.5 to get close to 86!

------------------
    Cactus

some of the rivers are already at summer levels. Not good. much too low.

+ Reply to Thread