Outstanding, Silvertop! I have heard some people grumbling about America's "health fad", this is no fad! This is people across the country getting in control of their lives, just like you're doing!
I'm just a wee little fellow (18 yrs. old), but my health has sort of slapped me in the face recently too. During high school I never really cared about the shape I was in, I ate all the time and rarely exercised (aside from hunting and fishing trips ). When I got to college I saw just how horribly people were treating themselves. Poor sleeping habits, poor diet, little or no exercise, drinking and smoking, etc. I have seen how all that takes a toll on some people I knew in high school, and I decided that it wasn't going to happen to me. I started exercising and swimming laps, eating better, and while I don't drink now my plan is to get through all four-and-a-half years of college without touching alcohol. The result? I've lost about 15 pounds instead of packing on the "Freshman 15", and I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. That's great, of course, but the real payoff (hopefully) will be when I'm later on in years and still able to do the things I love.