+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Lions Go!

Well I use mostly size 12-8 flies, so when you tie them up can ya use bigger hooks? Other than that everything sounds right.

Well I guess that's what I get for opening my big mouth! It seems that I am tying flies tomorrow.

Well, you got to the computer before I did (I guess I was savouring the moment ). Except for posting the pics of the flies, let's do the rest of this via email.

Well, I received the flies from the bet, and since I believe in completing the circle and giving praise where it is due, here in part is my personal email response to SheTies.

"The flies arrived yesterday and I am impressed. I like the cased caddis - very attractive and thanks for the beads so that I can make some too. Your crystal dub/ pheasant wing streamers look especially fishy. The loop-wing emergers will be useful on the Grand for both trout and mooneye!

The winner of course is the sunfish - EXCELLENT use of the rabbit strip for the belly. There is no excuse for having a crowded or bulky head - that is one of my criteria for judging a well tied fly. All yours are very neat.

I am pleased to also have the advantage of seeing flies from another region and 'school'. These flies from outside the Ontario 'box' have sparked me.

I promised to send a sample of my own work to indicate that it was a fair bet, I will make some selections tonight, hopefully you will be pleased too.

Thanks again,
    Greg"

[This message has been edited by Greg H (edited 08 March 2005).]

Ya know, theres a fly swap idea in this, but I can't put my finger on it. Kinda like a light went on when I read this. But could'nt solve the puzzle, oh well, maybe one of the regular swappers can...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

go patriots!!!

....eh? What happened to the "eh?", eh...

I am so glad you like the flies. The Perch/sunfish that you mentioned is my own design. The crystal dub and phsnt tail is one of my "old faithfull' flies called the Pennask Special. I have to give credit where credit is due... the cased caddis was a technique shared with us by Rich AKA Flymaker2.

Let me know if you catch fish though, eh? (that's better eh Dude?)

She...had me worried there for a minute, eh. (gotta keep up my Canadian image, eh)

+ Reply to Thread