+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good New For ME!

Default Good New For ME!

Hi group,

I was afraid I might have to give up tying flies due to artheritis in my hands; at times I couldn't eat enough Alieve to get through an order. Long story short a friend recommended a doctor specializing in hand surgery. I go under the knife week after next on my right hand and in three months the left gets the same surgery. I arranged the surgeries so my casting arm would be ready after spring run-off. I figure I can handle slack with my left hand in a cast without too much trouble. The prognosis is complete recovery which makes me real happy. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty [url=http://www.btsflyfishing.com:3a763]www.btsflyfishing.com[/url:3a763]

whoa Al, that is big news and good too. I wonder what you would do with your creative side if you could not tie?

Al,

Best wishes on your up-coming surgeries. This time next year you'll be turning them out faster than ever.

Allan

Very pleased for you Al! This 'aging' process is the pits if you don't have good medical care, looks like you've found a good one. Now you have to master one-hand typing for a little while <EG>.
    Hugs!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Sir, I just received your Danvis, and I ordered your tying on a rotary dvd, and have recieved it. Wish I had done it sooner. My tying has in proved alot.. thank you, and I hope you get the best of helf care. Shoot me a E=mail anytime
    with suggestions...

Tim
    On fly tying, not my spelling...lol

[This message has been edited by Grubb (edited 04 March 2005).]
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Hey Al,

So glad to hear such a wonderful
    prognosis for your problem. Amazing what
    the Doctors are able to do today. I have
    not had any problems with Arthur Ritus in
    years now and don't know why. I used to
    eat Ibuprofin like candy and one day it just
    up and quit hurting.*G* Even so, I'm still
    unable to duplicate the tiny little
    wallywing muddler mayfly you sent me. As
    LF said, aging can be the pits! But it
    still beats the heck out of any alternatives
    I've yet heard.*G* Warm regards, Jim

Al,
    That's great!
    To expand upon LF's statement, I will offer my keypunching/typing expertise as I have 40+ years experience with the "one-hand, one-finger" method.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Hi Group & Scotty,

Sorry but we had to cancel out on Eugene. Let me tell you the rest of the Al & Gretchen story. Gretchen has been suffering with foot pain for a number of years. For a few of those year she got relief via very expensive inserts in her shoes but they eventually stopped provide relief and the last couple of years have been pretty tough on her. We finally resorted to pushing her around in a wheel chair if she was going to have to be on her feet like shopping at the mall. Her brother manages a foot doctor's office and suggested she see him. Long story short, she went under the knife a month ago on her left foot, has recovered, and is a 1000% better (as good as new in fact). On Monday she gets the operation on her right foot and will be recooperating (along with me) at the time of the show. Between us we might be able to come up with two good hands and feet but never have figured out how to "team drive" a car or for that matter "team tie" a fly. Anyway, we both have a bright future and look forward to fishing season without the pain of the last several years. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes.

JC, Yes, we'll do some writing. We have a new vise coming on the market, maybe you would be interested in learning about it. Scotty, friend Bob Lay from Nampa will be demonstrating the new vise in Eugene. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

Good luck with the surgery and recovery. Surgeons can work small miracles when it comes to repairing the damage we do to our bodies over time.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

nighthawk Guest

Al,
    I pray that all goes well for you. Perhaps in the near future they will find a cure for this painful affliction. I do hope that all goes well for you!

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

+ Reply to Thread