+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thread Killer

Default Thread Killer

Just an honest question? I've never participated in a bulletin board. I have exchanged some fantastic ideas and opinions with people from all over the country.Being new to this it seems that when I add a comment or post a question the thread dies. I sure don't want to be the Ebola virus of the bulletin board so let me know.

Try it and see what happens, noticed that J.C. hasn't stopped you so good luck.

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

Hi Coach R,

Personally, I don't read every thread. I do read titles and authors. Those that catch my interest I'll look at. Then, if I have something to offer to the discussion/question, I'll respond.

Your experience might simply be coincidental to a thread running its course. If you have a specific and legitimate fly fishing related question, start a thread. See what responses it generates.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Allan

Coach Robb, it is my experience on other forums that for every response there is a minimum of ten views for each of them. If that is true on this post then thirty people have read yours.

Hey Coach,

Nature of the beast. Never know what
    threads are gonna be popular till they get
    responded to. Just for giggles I brought
    up some of your postings from your profile.
    No turn off's there that I saw, but you do
    sometimes jump into a thread after it has
    pretty well run it's course. Check the
    threads often, post when you have something
    to add, and enjoy it as is intended. Great
    place to share tips and ideas and get
    answers to those nagging questions.*G*
    Warm regards, Jim

dude, we're afraid you're gonna try and sell us a whole life policy!

just a coincidence, coach; a lot of my threads get NO response, but, with therapy, i'm getting over it.

JC I've had kids catch their first fish. I've helped kids tie their first fly. Like coaching I've never under stood parents not experience these little life moments with their own kids. They really are yours only so long. Ny favorite story concerns preparing a meal. I'm teaching the scouts how to filet a blue gill. I didn't know that one of the scouts younger twin brothers age four were watching. I made the first cut and felt two pairs of eyes pop wide open and heard one scream "He's opening them up" I never saw two little kids run so fast dive into their parents van and hide for the rest of the class. I'm still the guy who traumatized the twins. I know some people are strict catch a release.I probably release 98% of what I catch also,but one of the aspects of the merit badge is you must teach both. I think it's good for kids to realize that what they eat was once a living breathing thing not just something under plastic in a store.

I remember how enthralled I was watching my father clean a fish. He was a biology teacher and that was a plus. I remember the first time he slit the stomach of a pike to show us wht the fish had been eating. After that we would always check. I can see him sharpening his knife in preparation to cleaning the fish he and then we had caught. Love the memories.

nighthawk Guest

Ditto what Allan said. I read as many of the posts as I can but there are lots of times that I feel I cannot give good advice. If I cannot give good advice I do not respond. I must say thet I have never had a post not responded to here.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Hey Coach,

I for one, have appreciated and enjoyed your contributions. Please don't runaway!!

Al Corey

------------------
    If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else' dog around.

+ Reply to Thread