I never know how to respond when people rag on Missouri trout parks. Growing up it was the source of great fun, fishing with my grandfather, and recently my brother and dad. Opening day is not representive of fishing in the parks. Some people have been going to opening day for quite a long time, and it has become a tradition. I seriously doubt the people like all of the crowding, its just something they have done and will continue to do. There is only one zone out of 3 at bennett where you can use power bait, the other two flies are what you use. For me I live in St. Louis, Bennett is 2 hours, Meramac is 1 hour away, these are a couple of places besides the small catch and release springs that I can fish for trout. Just remember us in the midwest are not blessed with having a natural flowing river near our house. I don't have the opportunity to take trips, even though I would love to visit some of the great historical fishing places. Opening day is crazy, I would never go, and I hear alot of that, but its still packed. I think that alot of people envision the midwest as a bunch of slack-jawed, cousin-lovin, hillbillies, sittin along side the river with yarn tied around our big toe smokin a corn cob pipe. Well let me tell you, that's only the people that went to KU (University of Kansas), the rest of us have Zebco 202's with treble hooks and bobbers with a small earthworm. The smart ones throw a M-80 in and catch their dinner. Hope this brought a smile to someones face, thats all it was meant to do. I never am offended by anything that is written here. Just needed to vent a little and stand up for the Show-me-state. (pronounced missouree {like misery}, not missouriah)

------------------
A bum-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
That's WHAT I got.