+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have the Answer

Default I have the Answer

For my fellow fishermen who always find the Honey do List in the way of there quality fishing time.
    I believe I have found the answer. A couple of years ago I sold my house and moved into a very nice Apt, complex.
    No more honey do lists. No more yard mowing, snow shoveling, any breaks the repairmen fix it. Swimming pool for the wife to lay around in the summer. ( they frown on my using it for casting practice, ever since I caught that one bikini top)
    But the bottom line is more free time for my fishing and fly tieing.

------------------
    Every day that I wake up and everything still works. Is a good day.

Or you can just be the MAN of the house.

OK...but what was the question?

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Ermin, Isn't Ermin another name for weasel - in winter color phase? Whats up with that handle?

I opt for divorce...

NAH!!!! I like my music LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don,t matter where you live--the 'honey-do list never gets shorter--just give her time--
    B.C.Nick

We both have honey-do lists....mine includes the typical maintenance and repair (fix the squeeky door, repaint a bathroom, etc.) stuff around the house and hers includes the housekeeping "extras" (once a year carpet steam cleaning for instance). At the top of her list is "Encourage him to go fly fishing today"....at the top of mine is "Encourage her to play more tennis". We both attend the other's activity related events - I to tennis tournaments (I don't play tennis period). she to Club banquets, accompany me to the San Juan (she doesn't fish period), etc..

In other words, a good aharing relationship does not need artificial means of gaining freedom to do one's own thing. All that is necessary is a huge amount of love and trust on both sides.

Works for me!

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

I somehow managed to find a nice woman who likes to hunt and fish as much as I do. So when the Honey-Do list comes out its usually worked in around our activities outside.

I havent gotten her to fly fish yet, but shes pretty good with a spinning rod. The best thing is it sure cuts down on the arguments about spending money for new gear.

Ben

Ermin, a memmber of the weasel family that turns brown in the summer and white in the winter. Also my middle name after my Great Grandfather. First name Wynn Anglo Saxon for White. First and second name together means White Weasel. And Damn proud of it.

Sorry I had meant for this post to be more of a joke than anything else. My wife and I of 30 years, both love to fish. Sold house after my second heart attack and was told not to be mowing yard or shoveling snow any more. Just trying to keep a little humor going on about it.

------------------
    Every day that I wake up and everything still works. Is a good day.

nighthawk Guest

Well you made me smile and it sounds like you used a dry fly to practice with. Hope it was barbless. Gee, I better stop 'cause I feel a little naughty today. Naughty in a good way that is.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

+ Reply to Thread