+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whatinell 'appened to the Schlitz?

Why would someone, who loves drinking BEER, move to UTAH? Is it all of Utah, or just Salt Lake City, that there are no BAR'S?

~ Parnelli

"FREE BEER, FREE BEER, THATS MY FAVORITE BRAND!

I WILL ALWAYS DRINK IT, ANYTIME I CAN.

WARM, STALE, OR SKUNKY; THATS THE BEER FOR ME.

I WILL ALWAYS DRINK IT, BECAUSE ITS ALWAYS FREE!"

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 26 February 2005).]

Steven, temporary insanity? Actually, you can buy 3.2 in the supermarkets now, and real beer at the state run liquor store. It's not completely hopeless.

Jim

No one mentioned two of my late Dad's favorite cheap beers...Narragansett (Nastygansett) and Pabst Blue Ribbon. I haven't seen and "Old Swillwalkee" for a long time either. A stolen swig of those as an impressionable youth kept me on the straight and narrow for a few extra years.... If you ever get to Western Mass to fish the Westfield or Deerfield try to get a Berkshire Brewing Co. Steel Rail Pale Ale, its a keeper!

PBR has had a renaissance! apparently it is the beer of choice for x-gamers and snowboarders and skateboarders...not to mention salt water fly fishermen...

The beer of my youth was Lienenkugel's. In the 70's you could get a case for $4.99 of returnables. I remember Monroe, Meister Brau, Hamm's, Loewenbrau, and Rhinelander. Just be aware my brother went to school in LaCrosse WI.one summer he worked at Heilemanns(Old Style)they brewed three beers and bottled 16. Same beer different label. I've got to sign off now because I'm humming "Memories" and the dog is threatening suicide.

nighthawk Guest

I gave up all consumption of alcohol five years back. Check out this web site because I think these foks make a great brew. [url=http://www.yuengling.com:85dcb]http://www.yuengling.com[/url:85dcb]

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Best brew out there today:
    HeBrew Beer's Genesis Ale and Messiah Bold.

Gone but not forgotten:
    Griesedieck Bros Beer of St. Louis.

Gone and good riddance:
    Falstaff

Gone, unable to forget
    33 Beer, or Bau Mi Bau. Now resurrected as 333 Beer in Ho Chi Minh City.

------------------
    aka Cap'n Yid.

Stev Lenon, 91B20'68-'69
    When the dawn came up like thunder

+ Reply to Thread