Closed Thread
Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: hey Fishigan

Tup;

It is just that I only have 2 long sleeve shirts. Now one I wear on Sundays. So this is a problem. I am not going to go buy new shirts just because you guys loaned us some of your winter. It will all be gone in a day or so.

I will just have to wait till noon to go outside. The models called and put off the shoot till later this afternoon. Still a chance to shoot the girls in swim suites. I was out a little while ago and in the sunshine it seems warm enough should be in the 60's in a few minutes. I think that will be warm enough if I promise not to make them get wet. If they cancel again I will take a ride out to the flats and see if it is nice out there. Maybe shoot some pictures of the ice bergs under the skyway. <grin>

Have a warm day........

Tup you go ahead and do your dance. If it freezes we might lose a few bugs.

Harold

Ya jist put on another layer, darken the glasses a shade or two if the sun is shinin'
    and hope the wind dies down to 20 or so mph.

Have never gotten used to the wind and I'm a Wyoming native!!!

Hey, I made 680!!

Ought to be a prize for # 1000!
    ------------------
    Wyo-blizzard

[This message has been edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff (edited 19 January 2005).]
    Wyo-Blizzard

aaarrrggghhh!!!

(had to get that off my chest. i feel better now...)

You Florada guys should rub yourselfs down in bar grease, it keeps the cold off, an if ya have a warm up, it keeps the sceeters off to

Tup, what a wonderful analogy. The only problem is when you hit your thumb with the hammer you go through a few stages. The first one is when you are swinging the hammer at your thumb thinking to yourself (in slow motion) "Uh oh,I am about to smash my thumb". As the hammer arcs through the air and makes first contact you think "yep, I'm bashing my thumb" So then the crushing , searing pain jolts through your thumb and along nerves to your brain. At this point your eyes bug out of their sockets and your mouth falls open. Some sort of warbbled and painful protest is emitted from your mouth and the hammer is instantly dropped to the floor. (Enter the first snow...)

Throbbing, your thumb is now starting to swell and decorate itself with a nice purple hue.(maybe I can match the colour for a Blood Leech) After plunging your thumb into ice water for a while the pain subsides somewhat. Being careful you wrap up your thumb with padding and set about doing normal daily activities; fishing, plundering and other fair-weather pirate activities. (Enter pitifully underdressed person -read Floridian- shovelling snow)

After a day or so your thumbnail falls off just in time for the second snowfall of the year. Now you have quite the disturbing thumb to scare people with. Only thing is once you've shown them they won't help you shovel the snow!

As the season meanders it's way through our calendars the debilitating thumb pain is now down to a dull throbbing pain that, it seems, will never go away.... kinda like this ice and slush around here.

Oh and what on earth were y'all Floridians doing with a hammer? Making a snow shovel of course. Despite NAFTA snow shovels are hard to get in the southern States you know.

Now if someone can just think of an analogy for when your boot lace gets consumed by the snow blower. Hmmm

If the wind stopped here, all at once, everyone would fall down!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

She Ties, yer a sick woman...*G*...I love it, and another thing, what the hell is snow? Is it like beach sand, looks like the same color. Snow shovel? Sounds lovely!! Can one shovel beach sand with a snow shovel? Oh, but wait! One could use a snow shovel to build large sand castles on the beach as they watch a west coast Florida sunset and sip a pina colada and listen to tropical music playing sofly in the Gulf breeze behind them at the bar that overlooks the beach. (I have no freakin' idea where all that came from...maybe I am crazy) *G*

Betty, that's too funny! I fell down once...hurt my noggin'! Ain't been right every since...But wait, I remember you said you fell down and saw something a little strange. Here I go again, not knowing where I'm going. Does that make sense?

Dude

Anytime you want to come up here and bring your beach shovel to help me move snow you're more than welcome. You can even bring a watermelon colored parka if ya like. Wait a minute you probably don't no what a parka is. It's a big heavy over coat. Kind of like a flats shirt made of of several layers of cloth with a hood. A hood is something you wear over your head. No not the kind that is worn during a hold up.

Parka is also what they do in Mass. They go parka the car.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Edave...not just no, but (you know the rest). That would be paahka in Mass...so says Micus.

Closed Thread