It has been slow around here! I stop by for the entertainment and just figured everybody was down in FL fishing.

It is the middle of February and we are at that awkward in between stage where it can't decide to be winter or spring. Got a ton of snow last week after a wicked warm spell, so there's like a foot and a half of slush on top of whatever ice is left on the lake. Can't see the soft spots or the thin spots because of the snow and guys are sticking trucks right and left. Going to cost them more than what the truck's worth to get them out.

Tied up some bass bugs the other day but definitely feeling more like a sheep farmer/mechanic/plumber/ in February than a flyfisher waiting for spring.

As long as I'm here, I'll share an image from yesterday with the southern pyrates, hoping they'll lift their cup-o-grog and have a chuckle. Snowmobile is broken and slush on the lake is too deep for the ATV, so I put on my mad bomber fur hat, my PFD and my snowshoes (and pants) and walked to town, across the lake, pulling my sled. Besides a bunch of packages of wool for fellow FAOLers, I strapped on $11.65 worth of empty bottles (maddog, I have more!) and a chicken-thievin' coyote. My mom would just die! Don't tell her about this, her heart would break. She thinks I play piano in a cathouse.

Hope everyone is doing well! I want to hear stories from the fish-in!