+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems accessing FAOL from home?

Default Problems accessing FAOL from home?

Hey, I'm unable to log in to FAOL from my home computer (so I sneak into work to just hang out on the site -- I know, pathhhhhethic). At home, I have access to the internet and other sites but for some reason I can't open up FAOL's page. Am I being banned? Is anyone else having the same problem? Any suggestions on how to correct? Or do good by JC and Ladyfisher so they'll accept me back into the fold?

We do NOT ban anyone's IPS from accessing our site. If you are unable to access from home your internet provider has a problem. Call them.

We did receive a call today from an ISP in PA who said they had acquired a new set of 'numbers' (tecky talk) and had users who were unable to access FAOL. I sent them to our head guru for help. But since you aren't in PA that shouldn't affect you at all.

Dump your cache and reboot - if that doesn't work, call your local isp.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Thanks for letting me know. I will try what you suggested.

I had that problem as well. I use AOL and talked with there tech support, tried all of there suggestions, nothing seemed to work. I then tried a different local access number and have no problems now. Maybe you could try that if possible.

In by email:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    I had sent you an Email about having problems staying connected to your site. I'm sorry If I made it sound like I was blaming your site for the problems. I'm not a computer expert so I thought I would start with your site then proceed from there. I'm happy to report that it was an AOL problem like LadyFisher said and I can now stay connected to your site. I enjoy your site and feel I can respond to peoples questions and comments without being attacked by other users like I have been on another site. Keep up the excellent work you are doing, and thank you for providing such an informative and friendly site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Made my day!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

It works!!!

I recently downloaded Foxfire and since then I hadn't been able to open up this particular site. I cleaned out IE cache and cookies since I had originally thought it had something to do with that browser. I did as you suggested LadyFisher (cleaned out the cache in Foxfire) and it's working now. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread