+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hotmail Problems Anyone?

Default Hotmail Problems Anyone?

So for the past few days I've been caught in what people are calling "the loop" where everytime I go to Hotmail I have to manually enter a code to prove I'm not a spammer or something. I found out that this is a widespread problem because Microsoft is trying to phase out it's free users by hassling them.

I decided to switch to Mozilla and now I can't get into email at all and I think there's a correlation there, for some reason Hotmail doesn't like Mozilla. Maybe because Mozilla is free and better????!! Does anyone have any solutions to read my hotmail without outlook express? Bill Gates, you suck.

You really should get a Gmail account. If you want an invite, shoot me an e-mail.

Blog Entries

Benjo, I have had a couple phases where hotmail was trying to make it difficult for me. I just kept pestering their support people and griping and they backed off. I couldn't log in tonight at 5, but then again, it IS 5, so...

Dennis

I don't use Hotmail but it comes from MS so I suspect the servers could be very busy. Why use one of those free emails anyway?

Well I had my wife on Hotmail so she couldn't mess up my account...that's why...but I'll tell you it was so full of garbage that I felt sorry and just recently switched her to gmail....we'll see how it goes but people I respect in the computing field say it's great ....we'll see.

Whats the amount of junkmail like on Gmail? I am also beginning to dislike hotmail.

My friend tells me there is a marked difference...Of course it wouldn't be hard to beat Hotmail.

Cole,

I've found that gmail allows very few junk mails to get through. I've been using it for over a month and have received exactly two junk mails.

Hope this helps....

Will

Cole,
    The way I avoid spam mail is that I have my hotmail set where only those e-mails that are in my contact list come into the system. Used to use my hotmail for all fishing and outdoor stuff but the spam got so bad, I had to make that change. The downside, as far as I am concerned, is that when you register with some BB, they cannot e-mail to verify your account, etc., unless you can get their e-mail address into your contact list. So, I just use my other e-mail system now when I register on a BB. Yes, I believe that hotmail is trying to phrase out the free stuff. They always want you to sign up for more space, etc. I always delete my incoming stuff after a day or so. So, there is never much in my files.

+ Reply to Thread