+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm a happy boy today!

nighthawk Guest

Default I'm a happy boy today!

At last I got the better half to go to Cabela's in Hamburg, Pa. with me today. We both had a great time. We took a good two hours just looking at the wild life displays. She loved the place! I came home with some new shirts, a new rotary vise, grizzly rooster neck, hair packer and other little things. We are planning a return trip in a couple of weeks to see the rest of the store. I had been after her for quite some time to go there with me and now she wants to go back! Not only am I a happy boy but a darned lucky one too! Now if I can just get her out on the stream with me.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

That's one big store. I've been there twice...first time we did the whole tour, took pretty much all afternoon and we didn't quite see it all. I like the mountain in the middle.

Hit any good deals? The first time we went, we didn't get many good deals. This year when we went, we hit a huge clearance sale. My wallet felt very light afterwards, especially after I hit the fly shop (where there weren't as many sales). I get going in there and just start pulling the "needs" off of the racks.

------------------
    "If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

[This message has been edited by Spud (edited 23 February 2005).]

Did she buy anything? Or did you plan on her not buying so you can get her to go back. It's great you got her there, enjoy your next trip.

I hope you get her on a stream this spring.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    I can't pretend to know what I don't, so I won't.
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:06301]FlyReelDots.com[/url:06301]
    FAOL Sponsor
    FAOL DOTS are now available
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Eric,
    You & I are going to have to hit that store this summer. I have NEVER been in a Cabela's...have heard the one in Wheeling, WV seems more geared to bass, etc without much flyfishing. I do hope to get to the one in Michigan though (in Dundee, I think).
    Be talkin' to you soon!
    Give Amy a hug for me!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

There was a clearance sale on hunting clothes, spinning gear and some fly fishing gear. Most of the fly fishing deals were in the bargain cave. They did have some dubbing, flash, fly tying kits and their stream side vise and tool kits on sale in the fly shop. They had some of their float tubes on sale also. Amy bought herself a couple of shirts and some other small things but she spent most of her time looking at the fish, conservation mountain and the safari display. She told me this trip was my reward for working so hard at the New Cumberland Army Depot and on her vehicles on my time off. We had dinner on the way home but the next trip will be her trip upstairs to their restaurant and the Cabela's General Store. Mike, we better plan a full day just for you to see the store! If I recall the store is about 250,000 square feet. Jerry, maybe we can all get together for a day.

Like I said I am a very lucky boy!

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    At last I got the better half to go to Cabela's in Hamburg, Pa. with me today. We both had a great time. We took a good two hours just looking at the wild life displays. She loved the place! I came home with some new shirts, a new rotary vise, grizzly rooster neck, hair packer and other little things. We are planning a return trip in a couple of weeks to see the rest of the store. I had been after her for quite some time to go there with me and now she wants to go back! Not only am I a happy boy but a darned lucky one too! Now if I can just get her out on the stream with me. ------------------Eric "nighthawk"
    Miss this guy ! He stirred the pot on occasion yes , but served this country with honor and contributed to this board,, Hope he is still with us and doing well,, Peace
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    Miss this guy ! He stirred the pot on occasion yes , but served this country with honor and contributed to this board,, Hope he is still with us and doing well,, Peace
    Steve, Eric's beloved Amy passed away some time ago & he is constantly fighting medical problems, but he's hanging in there. He was indeed a pot stirrer at times, but you would be hard pressed to find a kinder, gentler man of high character than Eric (Nighthawk). I am proud to call him my Friend.... Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    Steve, Eric's beloved Amy passed away some time ago & he is constantly fighting medical problems, but he's hanging in there. He was indeed a pot stirrer at times, but you would be hard pressed to find a kinder, gentler man of high character than Eric (Nighthawk). I am proud to call him my Friend.... Mike
    Thanks Mike - I did see that he has a FB page and I left him a note. He helped me start my youth camp in Yosemite years back..Your so right about his character , a fine gentlemen for sure.. Take care !
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread