Dear Ledwater, You are waxing philosophical again. Thats a good thing. It usually means that you have already secured food, water, and shelter, and since you are posting here; had enough left over for some flyfishing stuff. A fine start. I used to have the same thoughts more often when I was closer to your age. (Usually when I was stuck in a swamp, looking for lost hunting dogs, cold, and shredded by briars...thinking, Gee, why am I here, this is supposed to be fun- wonder which way back to the road, and how deep is this icewater going to get?). Now, I'm content to be a good human being, father, friend and live a decent life. You have alot in front of you. Decisions about school and careers and relationships are mostly in front of you. Do what you love, love what you do. Be passionate about your dreams, your friends and family. You are a good person, trust yourself. Find a mentor if possible, and maybe volunteer at church or school or teach a kid to fish. Pay it forward (Heck, rent the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about). Yeah, we all have these heavy moments, enjoy the fact that you are around to have them. Laugh at yourself. No one here gets out alive so enjoy the ride... Best Always, Jim

------------------
"Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"