+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever sit back and....

Default Ever sit back and....

Ever sit back and think? Think about what your doing, and why your doing it. Sometimes I stop and think, and say to myself, "Why?".

I'm not wacko or suicidal or anything of that nature(well, maybe a little crazy, but in fun. I figure we all are). I just sometimes wonder why. Just that one word. I'll get a chill; I can't think of a reason. For myself, I guess, that would make sense. I figure, and have been told, you do things for yourself in mind, don't let others walk over you.

Sometimes that one 'Why' sparks off another question, "What are we all striving for?" When these questions hit me, it brings on this this incredibly hepless feeling. Maybe I'm just wondering if I have a place, a purpose. I like to feel needed, and as people, I think it's natural to want to be needed and have a purpose.

What do you all think about this? Ever feel like this? AM I crazy?

Just venting, searching my thoughts. Hey, after lookin at this, maybe I should be a shrink...

-Joe

You ok?
    Bill

Yeah, just clearing my head a little. I'm ok. I'm not weird or anything, just thinkin.

[This message has been edited by LedWater (edited 16 February 2005).]

ok, just checking! Everyone probably has thoughts like that from time to time. If those thoughts start taking over though...
    Bill

I hear ya, it just bugs me a little.

'G" LedWater, you are not alone... Sounds like life is on your front door to me, even in my best times I'v had these Q's, and I understand, when I'v been so far down, and when I'v been the happiest in my life, almost glad to here someone else that does it too, I'v learned in my down time to do what I did when I was up, ( it took some time) to be thankful for what I have... To count the blessings when I thought I could not see any... They are there, and when you see them you may think, I didn't know others had it so much... well Take some time off, look what's around you and grab a life saver...:G" Don't forget to look at what you have,( I know it's hard when you are missing what you need most in life), but look around and you will find alot is there...

[This message has been edited by Grubb (edited 16 February 2005).]
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Dand it LW, you can't come here and get that out of me... that's a sercret...lol

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Grubb, I didn't expect that much feeling in your reply, it's much appreciated.

Now, what I wrote, is just me thinkin, seems like worryin too. It's nothing. I guess I just like to see what you all think, even if it's somethin silly like this. I respect your opinions. Your all great people. I promise to keep things FF related for now on.

Tyflier, no offense taken, your reply makes perfect sense to me. Thank you.

LW... heck man, I just turned 50 and I still have those thoughts. I get to asking myself so many questions that sometimes I really do wonder about myself. But then like a friend told me, it's okay to ask the questions, but may be time to worry when you start to answer them. When I do find myself in a "downer" mood, I call my son just to chit chat. Amazing how a 21 year old can help put things in perspective. Here's another offer for you. My e-mail is in my profile if you want to set up a time to chat.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

I once "why?"ed myself to the true meaning of life.

Then I wondered why I bothered.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread