+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: girlfriend

Default girlfriend

I don't think this is really appropriate for this board, but I don't really have anywhere else to turn to for advise. I don't know what to do and I'm kinda fallin apart.
    Awhile back, my girlfriend cheated on me. Eventually, she dumped me for some punk. After going out with him for a week, she(Jen) came runnin back to me. I said yes.
    I'm worried I shouldn't said yes. I love her, I've never wanted to be with anyone this bad before, but I'm worried I'm going to wound up hurt again.
    I don't want any sympathy or anything, and I feel bad for posting this, but I have no where else to get advise from.
    Guys, if your in my position, what would you have done? Would you have taken her back?
    Thanks-Joe

Joe,

Would you mind telling us how old you and girlfriend are?

I'm 19 and Jen's 18. I know, way too young to be getting worried like this, but I can't help it

I have been from Newark NY, to Mobile Al, to Saudi Arabia and on to Germany. Well I met some ladies along the way. I'm now 33. I've been married for 13 years and happy. When I was 18 I had a heart break I spent the next couple of years making others pay for. Then I met my wife. I can remember what's her name, but little else.
    When you meet the right person you'll know. There will be no question about faithfullness. I couldn't imagine it.
    My dad on the other hand.....well, like he says, third times a charm.
    But, it's a sticky situation. Only you can make that choice. And sadly it's something we all must go thru to learn for ourselves.
    They come they go. Sometimes it's easy, more often it's hard.
    Most of all, life is short, so go on and live it.

Joe,

When I, and I'm willing to bet most others too, was your age we didn't take anyone's advice. Chances are we thought with an organ other than our brain. So I'll simply suggest that you are a young man with a lifetime of great, and some not-so-great experiences, in front of you. Make the most of the former and best of the latter.

Not exactly what you asked for.

Good luck.

Allan

Thank you for your replies. Your right, life goes on. I'm still not to clear on what I'll do, but in the end, I'm sure I'll make the right decision. I'm probably over-reacting, but its hard not to feel this way. Again, I'm sorry for posting this on the board, I don't want to dump my little problems on others.
    Thanks-Joe

Joe, things will never be the same once there's that distrust. Take heart in the fact that as life goes on you'll meet the right person and you won't even recall this one's phone number.

Joe, no apologies necessary. It's a gutsy move to ask for help and opinions. What do you want from Jen? Do you trust her or are you allowing your desire to overpower distrust? Love pain is difficult stuff and it seems that it will never end, but it does. Be good to yourself and be respectful to Jen. Be honest to yourself and just as honest to her. If you will do this then it will become clear what your decision will be. Hanging on to a relationship out of desperation, even if there is still some love there, is a diservice to both persons. Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness to you, Joe.

Blog Entries

Shared joy is increased, shared pain is lessened. No worries about posting here.

Unfortunately, I am the WRONG person to be giving you advice about relationships. So take anything I say at your own peril. But if I was your age, I would seriously consider moving on. Lots of fish in the rivers, and if they are going to stray once, they may just stray again.

I have another thought, or it just might be advise. Who you are has to be enough for your gal. Who she is must be enough for you. If either person expects the other to change then strife is on the way. Again, best wishes to you Joe.

------------------
    WHen I think I know something well, it is soon apparent that I have lots to learn

+ Reply to Thread