+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bouncing Bears in Urban Montana

Default Bouncing Bears in Urban Montana

Get a load of this clip!

Bear + trampoline + Tranqualizer!?!
    [url=http://ranger-bob.net/video/tgif/Bear_1.wmv:d7b3f]http://ranger-bob.net/video/tgif/Bear_1.wmv[/url:d7b3f]

I haven't decided if that's funny or to say ouch!!!

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

If the media hadn't been there would they have even attempted the trampoline?

Standard capture method (without the tramp). Especially in an urban area when they can't risk letting the bear down on his own and getting away.

I have been present at a number of captures and all the bears and cougars I have seen hit the ground hard but were ok. The drugs completely relax whatever is hit. Kinda like a drunk guy falling, less likely to get hurt then somebody sober and tensed up.

My girlfriend thought it was cruel when she first saw it but she had a half grin after I made her watch it again.

That happened right down the street from me.

You should also understand that they will kill that animal before they will let it run free in a town. We get bears and moose in town now and then and the copes and wardens are told that they had best not let them run free for fear of someone or a child getting hurt bad.
    We had a guy that use to bring his Black Bear into town chained in the back of his Pick-up. He was told not to bring it anymore or they would fine him. To many people trying to pet that bear while he was in a store.
    Nope the wildlife will lose if they come to town. What those people did was good for the bear. It may have taught him not to come to town again. Better than "DEAD" Ron

[This message has been edited by RonMT (edited 16 February 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread