+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This place

Default This place

is killing my back.It's too good, too much info. I have a real bad urge to build rods, tye flies and read more about both. I can't do any of this while the honey do list is as long as Shaq is tall. With each job I do SWMBO adds another. Then she adds a little incentive. For instance for Christmas I got a fly tying tool kit and a rod kit from H&H. So I started wiring light switches for the basement and installing new flooring upstairs. She added items to the list and gets me a subscrition to Flyfishing and Tying Journal for Valentines Day. She's playing me I tell ya.
    Next week we get cable internet "so that Kendra can do her howmework quicker", "Gee honey, I don't know how that link to a Begining Fly tying series got on the computer. What? What link to a chat room?"

The definition of going over to the dark side is when the tools are gone from the work bench, tools have been replaced by dead animal flesh, chicken feathers, and bright shiny things, the top has been painted white to see the flies better, raod kill and pheasant carcasses end up on your door step dropped off by friends who just want a couple flies, you ask the local fly shop to carry bags without their logo so you can sneek your latest purchase past your wife in a plain brown bag,you have a favorite hook(Long curved mymph hook),you spend more than an hour a day at FAOL. Most important of all you wouldn't change a thing.

My "honey do" list disappeared by following the following procedure when asked (mandated) to do electrical work:
    1) Spike your hair in a haphazard fashion (sorry Dave M,..do same to your moustache).
    2) Walk up to your significant other in a spasmodic nature, making sure that you are carrying, AND throwing significant quantities of liquids and/or heavily sauced food items on her precious carpet/floor.
    3) Speak in a language she cannot understand/comprehend, and finally....
    4) Get one of your friends she thinks is a Saint to hand write a letter of apology also asking her for permission to take you to the emergency room.
    This procedure may lead to enhanced fishing, tying, rod building opportunities.

This has been a public service announcement!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

This place has taken over my life so much the BB is not enough. Now I got 30 members coming over to my house!
    Am I nuts?
    Bill

Bill is that a rehtorical question or do you really need an answer. 30 Pirates invited to invade your house and you ask "am I nuts".

jed

Bill,
    Yep! Yep! & Without a doubt!...If I've been too subtle, please let me know!!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

It's Ok, the wife says I'm not nuts. Just obsessed!
    Bill

....and my wife says its the same thing purebs...lol

------------------
    "..so many fish, so many flies..do I have enough time?"
    ...so many boo rods, so many trout....do I have enough time?...

+ Reply to Thread