Man has never done a good job of trying to balance nature, so hearing of groups that want to try scare me. Some folks blame artic terns (i think those are the right ones) for eating all the salmon smolt that get stunned while going through the Columbia River Dams, even blamed the squaw fish for eating all the smolt in the river system and still has a bounty on them. THe real problem is us peaple. We dam up the rivers, turn them into ditches with levees, pour toxic chemicals into them, and generaly destroy their habitat in our never ending need to develop the land into strip malls and planned communities. If cormorants are the real problem there, the problem would have already existed before Columbus accidently found north america! WE ARE THE PROBLEM. I am not sure that killing them off will do anything more than further upset the balance of nature. We need to realize that the balance of nature changes all on her own, despite what we want it to be like. Nature in this country did just fine taking care of herself before white man got here.

Jeff