+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Trout Opener

Default Michigan Trout Opener

Our "Gang" will be going to the Little Manistee River at Bear Track Campgrounds on April 27th or 28th for the opener. You can find it on [url=http://www.therivers.homestead.com/BearTrack~ns.html:84121]www.therivers.homestead.com/BearTrack~ns.html[/url:84121]
    We take up campsites 11, 13 & 15 but it is seldom filled, not even on Holiday weekends.
    Ya All Come On Over!!
    Friday night will be a fish fry (store Bought) and Saturday will be deep fried Turkey! Pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and lots of coffee for breakfast. Catch as catch can for lunch.

------------------
    Cactus

guess I should bring the hot dogs for my lunch then......LOL
    how many ppl in the gang ? may head up with a few chosen

Frogpoop;
    We normaly have about 8 - 9 ppl. Pop ups motorhomes and tents. I'd like to turn into a sort of "Gathering" of FAOL members sometime in August also.

------------------
    Cactus

I love Bear Track - great site. I'll try to make it up on Friday...can only stay the night and fish Saturday but sounds like a plan.
    mc-"keeping my fingers crossed"-steff

Yeah, man! With all the fishin' here in MI and the two owners of this site originally from MI, you'd think there would be an annual fish-in in these parts, much like the Roscoe one. Sounds like a blast to me! That being said, I cannot make it on the opener (prior committment on another river) but would be interested in an August date. I am in Grand Rapids, so not a far jaunt for me. How much interest is there?

lots on my end......depending on the date

Fish...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Jim;
    You are absoulty right! Michigan needs a Fish-In. That's sort of why I started thread this for opening day with the comment about August. Even though "retired" the first 2 weeks of August are out for me but I'll sure be looking forward to a break come the 16th!!
    Many times an informal get togather takes on a life of it's own!
    That's sort of how or "Gang" started and this year it will be a larger group. AND, every year at least one Bait Fisher is converted to Fly Fishing!!

------------------
    Cactus

mcsteff;
    Do you tent camp? I just bought a Pop Up (can't afford gas for the ol' motorhome) and can save a bunk for you.
    I think I may have something going here as JC says it smells like a "Fish-In".

------------------
    Cactus

...I'd love to make it but I'm heading up to the NE to hit my 3 favorite streams...as a tune up I'm hitting the Ausable for 3 days this weekend...I can't wait to hit those beautiful Michigan woodland streams...I've been fishing the early season a lot in Wisconsin...I love the spring creeks, there's just something odd about fishing next to a cow...Good luck to you guys on the Little Manistee...sounds like it should be a good time!

Brookid
    thirdyearflyfisher.com

+ Reply to Thread