Want to hear a GREAT story about "Hero/Heroine dogs"?
My wife & I vacation yearly in Kitty Hawk, NC (Outerbanks). There is a store named Salty Paws (which has changed owners since), where we always buy home-made biscuits for our dog, Cocoa. The summer of 2002, we saw T-shirts we HAD to buy! Design is an American flag with paw prints instead of stars & in the red stripes are the names, breeds, & city and/or state of the dogs who worked searching for "911" victims. The story is that someone who had a friend who handled 1 of these dogs designed & printed a T-shirt to honor the friend's dog. As the handler's friends saw the shirts, he made more for them & contributed the proceeds to a dog handler's organization/group. Eventually, the group contacted him, thanking him for the donations, but said what they really wanted were the rights to print & sell the shirt & he gave them that. Great shirt, and an even greater story, that is one "T" I will NEVER get rid of. Sadly, we did not see the shirts there last year. However, if anyone is interested, they DO have a website, [url=http://www.saltypaws.com:f16f7]www.saltypaws.com[/url:f16f7]
Wanted to share.
Mike