Just found this at the bottom of the page and must say that Paul has it right about VFS. I was there from the beginning and here for about a year and a half. I think some people are blowing the pictures and comments out of proportion. There has never been pictures of naked women posted that didn't automatically come down. The pictures are what you see in any magazine. The problem that the administration objected to and I agree was the locker room language associated with those pictures. That language does not include swearing but may include something like "I'd hit it". granted it's not appropriate but I don't think we can protect any kid from language like that.

OT does get hot during political or religious discussions as would a church or political office. Again there is no swearing involved 99% of the time. Most people handle themselves with decorum and respect and a few don't. As FAOL is a community with a norm so is OT. The norms are different with both groups enjoying the "safety" of their own norm.There are very many similiarities including posters from each board feeling territorial about their board. This is not a bad thing or specific to bulletins boards this is how neighberhoods, towns, cities and nations behave.

I think if you enjoy a good political debate with a minimum of intereference than you would probabaly enjoy that board. As I said I have been on that board from the beginning and gotten into many disputes with board members but I can say with certainty that the person I argued with today would be one of the first people to help me in crisis. That is what community is, virtual or not. You have a great group of people here as there is a great group of people there and I guess you just have to decide what you want on any certain day.

BTW, OT is now moderated by a minimum of 8 moderators of which I am one. I think I have a good sense of what is offensive and what isn't. I better, I make living counseling and talking people all day. My take on what may be offensive just might be a bit more liberal than JC's and maybe not. I can tell you this people come in all flavors and all those flavors to some extent get nurtured there. In short it's a bit of what America is supposed to be: freedom of speech, freedom of dissent, without causing harm to others. Hope to see you over there if you choose and if not over here. Andre

[This message has been edited by andre517 (edited 07 February 2005).]

[This message has been edited by andre517 (edited 07 February 2005).]