Closed Thread

Thread: That other site

Default That other site

Out of morbid curiosity I must admit that I went to that other site. Just to see what the Hoopla was all about. What I found over there was different to put it mildly. The site operator had to post about to much profanity and vulgar pictures that where being posted over there. I also found several negative remarks about this site. That I do not feel the need to honor by repeating.
    Now having grown up on the hard side of a hard town and having spent time in the Marine corp. I have seen my share of vulgarity in the pass. And I still enjoy a dirty joke as much as the next guy, or a pretty Lady as much as any one.
    However, there is a time and a place for everything. Also I was taught to treat a Lady like a Lady should be treated.
    So for those people who want to bring there trash over here and are mad because this site has too much CLASS to allow that kind of treatment. GET OVER IT! And please take your trash away with you. I like this site. I like the feeling of friendship and good clean jokes and advice that I find here.

------------------
    Every day that I wake up and everything still works. Is a good day.

If you're referring to the "innocent question" thread about the VFS site, I didn't see anybody who wanted to bring that over here.

It was just discussion over the fact that it was easily accessible by all ages, and the state of moral decay that our society was in. Oh yeah, and there were a couple people who were a little indignant that those types of things would be associated with fly fishing - as if an off color joke were never told in a fly shop....

As for the moderators here, keep up the good work!

Charlie

[This message has been edited by chascomly (edited 06 February 2005).]

ermin,

Not defending that site or the posts there.
    I read that thread on the other site. The administrator there was not talking about "vulgar pictures". In fact, the pics referenced were of Rachael Rae(tv cook) and not even close to being vulgar, even by the standards of the 1950s. It was the innuendos and off-color comments that were being discussed and asked to be toned down.

Allan

Closed Thread