+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'm alone...

Flats

Give me his address and I will send him some bottled Anna Maria Pier water. That should get his interest up.

I just cannot imagine not having him in the salt water... Maybe he knows something we don't, like maybe Montana is going to be the saltwater shore...... Naw, I'll bet someone lied to him and told him that they had salt flats...

Can you imagine him fishing with a 1 wt. I'll bet there will be at least one broken rod.

Pirates everywhere are sadden by this. But on the bright side there will be more fish for us. IF SDD will leave a few for us.

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 07 July 2006).]

Well, the last time I was in the salt you where there Gary.

I'm hurtin. I even have that great new (to me) reel and I havn't had a chance to try her out.

------------------
    Ed Mercado
    [url=http://www.mercconsulting.com:80cd1]http://www.mercconsulting.com[/url:80cd1]
    Web Design for Central Florida.

I fished down on sanibel island last week. The snook fishing was awesome. I still havn't got my pictures back yet, but when I do I'll post some. I'm hooked on salt water fly fishing. I gots to do it more.

phish

New baby, moving house and neverending list of chores means I have not got out in almost 2 months.

Finally managed to slope off Saturday evening, but left the wife with a bawling bairn at the stove preparing dinner made me feel guilty despite her insistence that it was okay for me to go.

3 hours drive to Dorset to find the wind had picked up to 23mph 'in yer face' with some drizzle to add to the discomfort. Fished through to 1am with just a small sea bass to show for it (caught on the devils own tools, as the wind was too nasty for me). Few hours sleep and then headed off along the coast to fish the low water at another spot along the Dorset coast. Got there and the weather was even nastier, strung up the fly rod, walked to the beach, attempted about 5 casts.

Waved a fist skywards and retreated to the car. Drove 3 hours back home. Guilt trip.

Forecast and big tides should see me out on the yak this Wednesday evening.

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member [url=http://www.ukbass.com:8f8ad]www.ukbass.com[/url:8f8ad]
    [url=http://jamiercgriff.blogspot.com:8f8ad]http://jamiercgriff.blogspot.com[/url:8f8ad]

Went this morning to south end of lagoon. Fish down there must be getting hammered pretty hard. Managed one 22? Red on a Copper Liz. Saw quite a few middle slots but no other takers. Still had a good time.

Just read today?s Flats Dude story. Sounds like you had a great day. Can?t wait to read next week?s edition for the ?Rest of the Story?.

------------------
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    USMC - VIETNAM VET
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    USMC - VIETNAM VET

Mohawk...as you know, the wind was at Mach Six out of the N by N/E Saturday. Yard work in order and completed with little hope of hitting the flats Sunday (kinda figured it would be more of the same). Sunday 0530 hrs expected the palm trees to be standing on their little heads, but NO, all wind at 0 kts. I look at wife, wife looks at me and we say..."Naw, it's gonna start any minute now."
    0700 hrs...wind still at 0 kts and she gave the "Why the hell not?"
    Hooked up the Carolina Skiff and headed 90 degrees then 180 degrees to Parrish Park. Boat ramp full of late-comers (usually a bunch of bafoons that park and load their boats ON the ramp) Held true. Finally got on the water at approx. 0830 hrs and struck a S by S/E heading. Immediately found redfish to be in an inverted vertical position but a lack of willingness to accept artificial food items.
    Aquired approx. forty targets but failed mission.
    Over and out.

Micus is in Montanta because he traded Rum for Colorado Kool-Aid and is in a mid-life crisis. Not to mention he has a great job from the transistion. I am sure we have not heard the last of Micus.

Was on the water yesterday morning. Got a nice schoolie striper in the 20" to baptise my new rod. Was great, even with just one schoolie.

Dude,
    Yep!...Ol' Micus has joined the wonderful world of my alltime idol..Yosemite Sam!!!
    We'll soon hear quotes like "I HATES that rabbut!" & the perfect quote for Dave's new lifestyle....."HAH MULE!".
    I know LF was the first licensed female guide in Montana...Is Dave the first Lithuanian?
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Guile, congratz on that fish! I have yet to obtain that milestone. With a new rod and reel that was bought with frugile . and I do mean frugile money, I am waiting for both nerve and rain to stop since last Monday afternoon.
    I've got enoug flies to last a while ( I think) ..
    again, good job!
    swampy

+ Reply to Thread