Arr, mateys, new pirate here. Us Canadians were once sanctioned by the Crown and known as Privateers. Anyone who's been up here in Nova Scotia knows the beauty of the place, and maybe a bit of it's history. My first pirate adventure was on my 5th birthday,catching a blue off the local pier. My first, er, booty. After being so-called reformed, it's time to go back to my pirate roots. This year, I'm finally going to hit the salty green after treasure. Nothin special about that, some would say? Well, when you consider that in my area, we have the highest/lowest tides in the world,with a 6' wave of water rushing upriver with the tide,and muddy water not unlike Ole Miss. Mud that will swallow a man or beast on the shore as well. Fish have to be hardy as well as those of us chasing them. Sure, I can go 1/4 mile above the tide on my friends manicured lawn, and cast Clousers all day, but it's not the Pirate way. Yo ho ho!! 3 weeks & counting until they run!!! Jamie

------------------
"Fishing is more than a sport.It is a way of thinking and doing,a way of reviving the mind and body" Roderick Haig-Brown

[This message has been edited by mcmutt (edited 08 April 2006).]