+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Pirate by any other name....

Default A Pirate by any other name....

Arr, mateys, new pirate here. Us Canadians were once sanctioned by the Crown and known as Privateers. Anyone who's been up here in Nova Scotia knows the beauty of the place, and maybe a bit of it's history. My first pirate adventure was on my 5th birthday,catching a blue off the local pier. My first, er, booty. After being so-called reformed, it's time to go back to my pirate roots. This year, I'm finally going to hit the salty green after treasure. Nothin special about that, some would say? Well, when you consider that in my area, we have the highest/lowest tides in the world,with a 6' wave of water rushing upriver with the tide,and muddy water not unlike Ole Miss. Mud that will swallow a man or beast on the shore as well. Fish have to be hardy as well as those of us chasing them. Sure, I can go 1/4 mile above the tide on my friends manicured lawn, and cast Clousers all day, but it's not the Pirate way. Yo ho ho!! 3 weeks & counting until they run!!! Jamie

------------------
    "Fishing is more than a sport.It is a way of thinking and doing,a way of reviving the mind and body" Roderick Haig-Brown

[This message has been edited by mcmutt (edited 08 April 2006).]
    Take a Kid Fishing. HECK, take ME Fishing(and my kids,LOL)

Ahoy ye Irish sea dog and welcome.

Those tides up your way are something to see.
    Have the stripers been kind to you in the past?
    I've fished up your way and only caught macks.

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life"
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Hiya Matey,

Aye, the Fortress of Louisbourg is a site to see! And, the coastline makes our Maine look like the flats!

Just one question...how do you stand the winters up there

Welcome!

Dianne

ARR, the winters are long,and tides high.In 4 more months, I'll hear a little one cry...#2 is on the way!! We had an exceptional winter this year, with only one major storm, and little snowpack at all. We get some pretty good stripers & blues up here, with our provincial record being over 50lbs. The river just above the salt is the easiest spot for me to fish, as the flyrod is a wet noodle in the bay for me with the tide. They haven't been the kindest to me,throwing eels on my line instead of biting themselves, but I hope to remedy that this year. Deceivers with rattles, big poppers, and flatwings that'd make Marilyn Monroe blush are all loaded up this year!! I have a standing invite to NH as soon as I can get there, right on the beach too. Time to hoist the mainsail & shove off!!! "OH the year was 1778,How I wish I was in Sherbrooke nowwww"-The Last of Barrett's Privateers by Stan Rogers

------------------
    "Fishing is more than a sport.It is a way of thinking and doing,a way of reviving the mind and body" Roderick Haig-Brown

[This message has been edited by mcmutt (edited 15 April 2006).]
    Take a Kid Fishing. HECK, take ME Fishing(and my kids,LOL)

+ Reply to Thread