The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

The Good

It was great to see the faces of usernames of FAOL members and learn from them, a great bunch to share companionship and experiences.

The Ho Jo???s clams at Captain Eddy???s

Great fishing locations with tons of mullet jumping and spooking all over the place.

Kayaking fishing for the 1st time and the great adventure at Placida thru the mangroves to Gil???s secret honey holes.

The gathering at Captain Tony???s for mild libations and great food for all and the casting lesson was appreciated.

The secret fly???s I was given by some that the fish still don???t know about

Wonderful weather, from beginning to the end.

The Bad

The five foot Bull shark that was caught at the north end of Pine Island and the 3 others that were lingering around

Michele informed me of a spending moratorium on all saltwater purchases including rods, reels and all fly tying materials, only exception is for earrings until she or I catch a saltwater fish in Fla.

The Ugly

Batting a thousand in Fla. Saltwater from Port Charlotte. Little Sarasota Bay. Blind Pass Beach, Casey Key, Pine Island and Honeymoon Island, Not one Darn fish, NOT even a snagged one.

The water temp was well below the 70 degree mark for fish to take flys, I did manage to warm it up in spots.

The lousy cold I caught so here I am back with my honey in wonderful Bliss with Howling winds and Blowing snow.

The Dude won my reel aarrrggghhhh

All in all it was a wonderful Fish-In, meeting some of you again and others for the first time was an enriching experience. We hope to do it again in the future

Our thanks and appreciation for the great event

Old Geezer

------------------
Excus my spelling and gramma, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could Hunt or fish.

[This message has been edited by old geezer (edited 15 March 2006).]

[This message has been edited by old geezer (edited 15 March 2006).]