Dear Capt Paul, JC and All, this discussion goes over well and I never take offense to comments here. Sometimes we all get too sensitive about this stuff. Capt Paul, I was just pointing out that a new driver may have a skill but it will be a growing skill and the same with an instructor. A new instructor must progress and develop his teaching skills. Being FFF Certified does not mean that someone will be a great instructor 3 or 4 years down the road if they do not apply themselves in the Learning Process and try to develop. Also, this truly is the sport of sharing! I thank you all for sharing it with me. As to charging or not and Professionalism, what professional in our everyday life do we hire to perform a service for us(plumber, electrician, etc. do we not EXPECT to pay?) If someone wants to teach fly casting for free, that is wonderful and a great part of this sport. The most important part of the professional Fly Casting instructor is to possess the casting and teaching skills to effectively make the behavioral change in a student. Let us all enjoy our sport, help each other and smile a lot. Best Fishes to you all, Mike

[This message has been edited by Mikemv (edited 10 February 2005).]