Hello Everyone;

Well Sue and I made it down for one afternoon of Fish-in Activities before my side effects caught up with me and I had to spend the rest of the weekend in a place no one should spend a beautiful weekend.

I did manage to "catch" one beauty. [url=http://www.sunshine-computer.com/faol/dolphin%203-3-2006.jpg:b2802]http://www.sunshine-computer.com/faol/dolphin%203-3-2006.jpg[/url:b2802]

I also have some pictures of the pirates with the exception of the Tidy's they must be ghost because I did not capture them, (I am not sure they had shown up before I quit shooting. I got tired and had to take a break.

We all went to dinner, Saltydancindave made reservations in less than 20 minutes for 12 at a place where the whole time we were there the traffic was amazing. (money was being made at the resturant in question)
Good food better company and a lot of fun was had that night. I had made plans to meet up with some of the pirates and before I got home (45 minute drive) I was sick.

But I do not regret the time spent with my old friends, and my new friends.

Everyone should congrat Les, he has a beautifu picture that is being published. It was funny there were almost as many photographers there as fly fishers. Les, Ken and I discussed as much photography as we did fishing. (I thought I made a great deal when I saved almost $1300.00 on a lens.
Les save considerable more on his.) I was so jealous of his photo equipment.

Diane broke out her 12 foot rod and show us how to cast it. The Flats Dude gave a demo on casting a 12 weight and the really nice old guy stopped his car in the road and gave the dude a few hints on casting. Now mind you the Dude has just tossed the line and maybe a few inches of backing. But the old gentleman had words of wisdom to impart and the dude took it with a huge smile. We all had a laugh and more than a few teases with the Dude.

We all met up at this really nice Fly Fishing store. Casey Key Anglers & Outfitters the young man running the store came out and show us how to cast this 12 wt rod that the Dude was playing with. Dude caught a light pole, I have photos of the catch but was not quick enough to get a pic of the release. Anyway this young man cast this 12 wt into the backing without a double haul and made it look easy. It was a new TFO rod. But I asked him how he made it look so easy to cast that into the backing with out a double haul. He told me that the TFO rod was the only one he could cast all the line out without a double haul. It was a thing of beauty to watch him make one false cast and then shoot the line to the end. A thing of beauty, that demo from the Dude and this young man was worth the trip for me. But all of you know I love to fish with the Dude. He is a lot of fun even if you are not fishing.

I'll close for now since this is becoming a book. But we had a wonderful time and really would like to thank Dave aka Saltydancindave for all the effort and time he put into this fish-in. He made a fish-in packet with charts and many books for us to use. He did a super job as host.

Looking forward to the secret meetings this year.
Sorry I did not get to see everyone.

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 06 March 2006).]